Not a Nikon but one heckuva deal!

Eye-level

Banned
Just bought it for 100 bucks. Minty condition (looks unused) needs to be cleaned off a little and resealed. 1975 model same year as my F2! 35/3.5 lens. It is a Canon but it is a handsome one.

It is probably going to the bay to fund my new camera in the near future. I hope I don't lose any money on it. hahahaha

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Just bought it for 100 bucks. Minty condition (looks unused) needs to be cleaned off a little and resealed. 1975 model same year as my F2! 35/3.5 lens. It is a Canon but it is a handsome one.

It is probably going to the bay to fund my new camera in the near future. I hope I don't lose any money on it. hahahaha

Just like mine ;)

Eye-level

Banned
No your's would command more money sir. Have you checked recently what kind of money they are asking for the Olympic models?

It is a nice camera but I ain't gonna keep it... :)

Eye-level

Banned
I know I would ask more than what you've been asking for your's but I know this is the forum and all. :)

They run the whole gamut really but some of the cleaner mintier ones are commanding pretty big bucks for an old film camera...but remember these were the D4's of their day. I would say an Olympic version that is in excellent condition should be around 600-800 bucks. I'll be happy to get 200-300 out of this one...it is in remarkable shape. You can tell it has been a shelf queen for a long long time. Found it in the very back of my local antique store a few months ago and had some extra cash today so I scooped it up. I've had pretty good luck with stuff like this because I always buy it dirt cheap. Now if I could just find a Nikon with a noct attached for 100 bucks I would feel like a lottery winner. :)

STM

Honestly I would hold on to it and use the heck out of it! The F1 was a very capable camera, the equal of the F2 in most respects, and there are lots of great FD breech lock and newer lenses available on Fleabay. We won't ostracize you for keeping it but we probably will talk about you behind your back! ;)

I have quite a bit of Hasselblad equipment (500CM w/ NC2 finder, 2 A16 backs, 40mm, 60mm, 80mm, 150mm and 250mm CZ lenses) and I still get a lot of use out of them so I am not a strict Nikonite either!

Last edited: