d7000 purchase

Koalalava

I am very close to buying an almost brand new d7000 (shutter count 134) and a used but well-taken care of 18 - 105 kit lens from someone for $950. Is it worth it? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Koalalava

Thanks for the advice Sam. Then lens does not have any scratches I can see and the pictures looked very sharp on my laptop. Considering I am saving on tax and shipping I think this is a good deal.

§am

When I've been interested in used lenses online and not being able to go and touch and see, I specifically as the seller to confirm that the glass is scratch, fungus, fog, dust and any other blemish free, and that the body is an equally good condition, he zoom smooth, no sticky points etc.
This will help protect you should it not be as described then.

Also ask for unedited, pictures from various focal legths on the lens you're after, and ask for specific items to be photographed.
Again, this helps prove that the lens is in good condition, and that the seller is not just showing you pictures from yesteryear when the lens was in its prime ;)

Photo Joe

Not too bad of a price if it's in like-new condition. Do you have any lenses already? If so, then I might just spend $900 on a brand new D7000 body. If you don't have any lenses, then this used deal certainly sounds great.

trarmstrong

I hate to barge in but I have the same issue. Which is a better deal, a new body only D7000 ($900) or Refurbished for $749? Of course, factor in a $100 used 18-55 lens to get me started. Thanks.