Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
salade fameuse.jpg
Monthly Assignment: Homemade Food

For this month, you are asked to photograph one of your homemade recipe. Just imagine you want to sell a food picture to a magazine. The light, textures and colors will be important. Please read the rules before posting. For those who want to go further, you can try to insert the recipe in a "Magazine layout style".

Thanks for participating and, enjoy your Nikon!

Assignments are designed to help you grow your photography skills and creativity, and have fun doing so. Assignments are to make all of us photographers think outside the box also.

The Rules
  1. Any photo submitted for a monthly assignment must be taken during the month specified in the assignment thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIFdata can be verified, we will use the honor system.
  2. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. Links to photos will not be considered an entry.
  3. Only three photo entries per member, for each assignment, unless otherwise indicated.
  4. Assignments will be judged solely by the panel. Individual voting via post "likes" will be incorporated into the final selection of the winning photo.
  5. Judging criteria is based on the Twelve Elements of a Merit Image.
  6. The panel will select 5 shots to be displayed in the Monthly Challenge forum and homepage of the site.
There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the assignment. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the assignment subject.

SkvLTD

Re: Feb 10th-March10th Monthly Assignment: Homemade FOOD photography

Guess I'll have to re-create some things from the past and take some bokehlicious snaps. Gonna be a real fun month right there.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Yummy!

fotojack

I don't cook, and I'm not allowed in the kitchen. What does this tell you! ;)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Homemade doesn't mean that you have to cook it. It just mean that it was made in your house and not food from a restaurant.

SkvLTD

Well, lets get this bokehlicious kitchen fired up!

537029_449407591795077_1184529555_n.jpg

16398_449407595128410_2021185177_n.jpg

Mike150

I'm not allowed to cook either. Last time I tried, well.... nobody told me I shouldn't use the smoke detector as a timer.

Sambr

That you are probably starving :) Just kidding I am sure the Mrs. is a great cook. It's just since you burn't the soup last time.....

Moab Man

Quattro Formaggio Pizza Panino

This is my first entry into this months challenge, "Homemade FOOD photography."

To the untrained eye this probably looks like pizza rolls. However, I will forgive your untrained eye and explain. What you are actually looking at is gourmet dad cooking on a busy night. My first raw ingredient was... well... pizza rolls, BUT in this case it was a "raw" ingredient and not a pizza roll. I then dressed it up with a specific Italian formaggio. Again, to the untrained eye you may be saying "that's just cheese on a pizza roll!" Once again, I forgive your barbaric untrained palette. The package said it was an ITALIAN blend therefore it is quattro formaggio as it had four kinds of cheese.

Your honor, the defense rests and submits my Homemade Food Photography submission for evaluation.

Day43GourmetWeb.jpg

fotojack

Quattro Formaggio Pizza Panino

This is my first entry into this months challenge, "Homemade FOOD photography."

To the untrained eye this probably looks like pizza rolls. However, I will forgive your untrained eye and explain. What you are actually looking at is gourmet dad cooking on a busy night. My first raw ingredient was... well... pizza rolls, BUT in this case it was a "raw" ingredient and not a pizza roll. I then dressed it up with a specific Italian formaggio. Again, to the untrained eye you may be saying "that's just cheese on a pizza roll!" Once again, I forgive your barbaric untrained palette. The package said it was an ITALIAN blend therefore it is quattro formaggio as it had four kinds of cheese.

Your honor, the defense rests and submits my Homemade Food Photography submission for evaluation.

View attachment 27186

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Quattro Formaggi". At least, that's what my Italian wife told me. :)

RockyNH_RIP

Looks like another fun challenge... Nice too, another subjecy I have never done so it will give me some real learning opportunities! Looking forward to it... Need to tell my wife, she will be excited..

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey what's up guys, almost a week is gone and only 2 entries… Aren't you eating at home anymore?

RockyNH_RIP

Hey what's up guys, almost a week is gone and only 2 entries… Aren't you eating at home anymore?

Actually not much... I work days and wife works nights, so there are only a couple meals a week where we are both home!!! We WILL get our 3 entries in!! Just probably take me longer than normal! :cool:

Pat in NH

fotojack

By the time I've thought of taking a picture of it, I've finished eating it! :) lol. I'll eventually get a good shot of something she's made........soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.