Camera Armour ( Armor)

Just fitted some camera armour to my 3200 that swings at my side as a spare ...very impressed with the fit to the body though if you have a vertical grip you need to put that on first and adjust the bottom edge ..certainly will keep the camera as new for re sale ..no shiney rub marks .. access fine to all buttons etc about $25

We will see how it performs in the real world.

Attachments

• armour.jpg
    armour.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 982
Last edited:

§am

Silicone rubber by the looks of it... proper dust magnets! :p

Also, no cut out for hot shoe :(

One thing I would say... keep an eye on the body underneath. Silicone protectors have a nasty habit of actually leaving their own rub marks on kit (you can notice on phones that have had one) and they can be a pain to get rid of.

Here you go ...

Attachments

• lenstest 117.jpg
    lenstest 117.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 592
  • lenstest 116.jpg
    lenstest 116.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 424
  • lenstest 115.jpg
    lenstest 115.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,060
  • lenstest 114.jpg
    lenstest 114.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 913
Last edited:

§am

I see it's already started the "attract dust and hair" scenario :p

Shame they didn't make the front a little more so that it hid 'Nikon' - I know there are people out there that like to de-brnd their gear and this would have been good

SkvLTD

Interesting. Might also help with that accidental drop or two. Or to add a "pro" bulk to these skinny little things, heheh.

used it yesterday at a wedding ..no problems dust or other wise but you do need to know where your buttons are ,,,,being dropped yes but we get a lot of 2 year olds running about thinking adults are soft to collide with ,,as this one is hanging under my coat its now not so hard ..( hanging by one strap point over the left shoulder as its a spare/the one with a 10mm )

carguy

About to order one for my D40 as my son will be using it from time to time. For $10, can't go wrong.
Pull the 18-55 out of retirement and dig out the SmugMug pro camera strap and he's good to go :)

eidian

I had one too, they are great. The grip is superb but I had to trim the bottom because it wouldn't allow the contacts on my grip to connect to the camera. I eventually took it off because the cable that I used with the grip made case get all distorted (I eventually dropped the grip altogether).

Hmm, maybe I'll dig it out and give it a try again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4