Did D5200 Hands On Review For Focus Camera TV Today. Great Camera For The Money!

Corey @ Faymus Media

I did a hands on review for a camera store in NYC. I was impressed to see a camera that has 24mp, 39 AF, 11 cross type, expeed 3 and many others for $899! It has the focus system from the D7000 and has the newest technology. I isn't as rugged as my D800E, however it felt great in the hands and I shot on a Nikkor 24-70mm, and 50mm 1.4G. In My opinion is Nikon is KILLING the competition! The D5200 has more resolution than the 5D Mark III.

I also am preparing for a review on the 5D mark III and the D600. so I played around with those today.While the D5200 lacks many features that the 5D mark III has, its also 1/4 of the price! If I took pictures from each camera and put them side by side, nobody would ever know. Just a GREAT camera for the money no doubt.

The D600 is MUCH better than the 5D mark III in my opinion as well. I am really happy with my decision to go Nikon. Everyday I am just more impressed with Nikon, and my fellow Nikon owners. Great camera, Great company, Great Community!

Below is a picture of me in Mid Town Manhattan doing some review and street photography.The photographer took a picture of the backup videographer and me presenting the D5200.

UPDATE:

Attachments

• Corey NYC2.jpg
    Corey NYC2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 838
Last edited:

SkvLTD

Pretty cool man, but I'd still lean towards really useful feats 7000 offers over this guy albeit having slightly older guts.

Corey @ Faymus Media

Pretty cool man, but I'd still lean towards really useful feats 7000 offers over this guy albeit having slightly older guts.

I have never used the D7000 so I cant comment on it, however I can say that for the Price the D5200 packs a nice punch. 24mp & 5 FPS burst for less than $900 is pretty great in my book.

SkvLTD

I feel image quality these days is becoming subjective. There were plenty of gorgeous shots taken with older and current cameras all around the world and many feel that bodies are all becoming about the same these days. We're slowly going into a pure era of glass as far as making a real difference.

Also keep in mind that my stance on everything is bang-for-buck and that's the reason behind my view of the 5200 right now, while it sports brand spanking new price tag.

Corey @ Faymus Media

just realized I posted the unfinished video without the images! LOL I just updated the video, this one shows all the images I took. Check it out out on post #1. Thanks

Maxie

I just picked up a D5200 this weekend and all I can say is WoW! I had a D3100 and was looking to get a D7000 or a D90 until BackdoorHippie unsold me on his D90 he was selling because of what I was looking for. Being one of the most honest persons I've talked to, he suggested I go with the D5200 if I could afford it. I told him what I was looking for in a camera what I learned about the D5200 and he said that is the camera I should buy. What a guy! He didn't bullshit me in order to make a sale.

Faymus, your video just backed up everything BackdoorHippie told me. tkx!

Corey @ Faymus Media

Awesome. Its a great camera, and even tho I use a D800E and D4 soon. I am still impressed with the D5200. It is a consumer camera by default however it performs excellent. This is still the best buy below the pro level cameras in my opinion. We will see how the D7100 performs when I test it, and also the price is a factor as well. For $900 or less you get a great camera, and a pretty good lens. Its a bargain that is hard to beat.

photoheron

Thanks for a great review I in the market for a new camera. While the brand will be Nikon, I was on the fence between a d3200 and a d5200.
After seeing your review and reading other similar reviews the decision will be a d5200.