5DMK2 to D600~Saying hi,Needing advice

vanlifevlog

Hey guys, thanks for checking out my post. I am currently preparing to buy a new Nikon camera to couple with a 14-24 2.8 for my road trip from Arizona to Alaska. From what I have been researching the D600 Is a very simular to the 5DMKII I recently sold. I am looking for advice in terms of how this camera will fit with the 14-24 2.8. Also, I would like to know if this camera produces the fabled video quality I have been reading about in official reviews. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

PS-I did a quick search with no luck, I hope this doesnt get asked every single day!

Chris

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Are you talking about the 12-24 or the 14-24? The 12-24 would not cover the D600 FX sensor. It is a lens made for cropped sensors. The 14-24 2.8 is a fantastic lens that will cover the full frame.

I enjoy this combination quite a bit. But, you've got to do your homework too and read reviews to make sure it's the camera you want. It all depends on the output of the final product, but the 600 is one of the great Nikon bodies of today.

vanlifevlog

The 14-24 if the lens I was asking about. Sorry, I have been running around all day getting my camper van ready for the trip up and Im pretty exhausted!

I have done a few hours of reviews online. However, I usually find it more valuable to ask frequent posters like yourself that are more than likely shoot a great deal.

How do you enjoy your "final product" photos? Do you feel as though you would like a more advanced body for this lens or does it suit you well? Do you shoot any video with this setup?

Chris

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The 14-24 if the lens I was asking about. Sorry, I have been running around all day getting my camper van ready for the trip up and Im pretty exhausted!

I have done a few hours of reviews online. However, I usually find it more valuable to ask frequent posters like yourself that are more than likely shoot a great deal.

How do you enjoy your "final product" photos? Do you feel as though you would like a more advanced body for this lens or does it suit you well? Do you shoot any video with this setup?

Chris

Never done video but this lens I'm very happy with. It's tack sharp and gives a very nice rendering of light for landscapes. You can have a look at my 365 project and you'll see some of the pics done with the 600 and this lens.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I am curious, why aren't you considering the 5DMK3? Price?

I think the OP's intention is to shift with Nikon which is why he sold his Canon 5D Mk II. The price difference is pretty steep between Canon 5DMkIII vs Nikon D600. ~$1,500 which can buy you a 70-200mm f4 lens.