D70s Corrupted Compact Flash

vernhunt

My D70s corrupts my Compact Flash memory cards and my computer will not read them. I need help. Does anybody know where I can get D70s Firmware to reload. I suspect the Firmware is bad or maybe a virus.

fotojack

Try PlanetNikon Forum And I believe you should be able to go to Nikons web site to download your needed firmware.

Update: I just checked the Nikon site and there is no D70s firmware available at this time.

Last edited:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm sure that you've probably tried/thought of these, but here is what I would look. The first thing is to try to determine if the problem is with the camera or the computer.

Can you describe your computer (operating system and what application you are using to read your NEF/JPG files)? How are you transferring images (reader or cable)? Have you tried different CF cards? Have you tried to read them on another computer? Where do you format your CF cards (in camera or on the computer)?

Finally, what do you mean by corrupts your cards? Do you see a directory structure? Are the individual files unreadable? What size cards are you using?

nikonist

Do you see the images on your D70 ?
If you do, the problem is on your PC. You can verify this by going to a a place where you can print photos using Digital Medias (Rite Aid, CVS, Walmart, etc), and there's no charge unless you would only want to view your images. If you can view the images on those photo machines, then there is no problem with your D70 and no problem with your CF.

Not being able to view them on you PC may mean a lot of things. It can be your Memory Card Slot reader, it can be your graphics software, or it may even be a PC configuration or even an IRQ conflirt on hardware. Try downloading a graphics software that would be able to view the type of graphics file that you have set your D70 to save (i.e. JPG or NEF). If that still doesn't work, then try borrowing a CF memory card from a friend and see if it works on your PC. If doesn't then your Memory Card Slot reader is not working. You may wanna buy an external card reader (USB) which can accomodate a CF.

It will be helpful if you would post more detailed information based on the suggestions that have been posted here for you. It will be easier for us to diagnose the problem.