film this year!

stmv

I dragged out my F3,, and took a shot yesterday,,

laughs,, took a second to get used to the controls again, Gosh,, I love how
small the body is, fantastic.

Battery still good even though it sat on my self for 2 years... since last use..

I am going to shoot a few rolls just for fun.. and I will say,, still something satisfying with the mechanical camera. and the awesome film advancers of a F3, so sweet.

Eye-level

Banned
Cool can't wait to see what you get.

I hate to say it but since I bought 7 rolls of film the other day my DSLR has been sitting in the drawer growing tin whiskers. :)

Now with processing being 11 or 12 bucks a roll and the film costing upwards of 9 bucks a roll for what I got I seriuosly doubt the DSLR will be sitting in the drawer very long. LOL

STM

Welcome back into the LIGHT! ;)

The F3 is a marvelous camera! I skipped it though, and went from an F2S to F4S

Sambr

I bought an F3 a few months back, love the feel and solidness of the F3. I shot 1 roll of Fuji - have to get it processed still. Jeff is right though $9.00 a roll $11.00 to process, then another $5.00 to put on CD Yikes that's not fun anymore :(

jwstl

I have an FA, FM2, FE2, F3, and an F5 and all of them sit in a box in storage. I thought I'd miss film but I no longer do.

Eye-level

Banned
I'd keep the Nikkors and get an adapter for the Fuji... :)

It'll be hard to let the F2 with Eye-level finder go kind of like when I sold my 68 Firebird... :)

I don't know...film with THE pro level Nikon camera and lenses from about 1975 is a remarkable thing...it is bliss to shoot with this camera...kind of like pedaling that old car. :)

crycocyon

Funny, I was just looking at websites with film developing services and what is the best low ISO film nowadays. It looks like there are still many options for shooting film, which is a surprise. It would be interesting to take a film camera along with the digital and when you have those once in a lifetime scenes to shoot, you also take out the film camera to record an image on something other than a CMOS sensor. I was also looking at F3 HP prices and it is amazing what you can get. But I've always had my eye on an F5 just for fun to try it out. But ever since the F3 came out I've been in love with that camera, but never had one (I went with Minolta back then).

Eye-level

Banned
I've been shooting my F2 the past couple of days. I still like my D5000 but there is just something awe inspiring about working with the F2...even the famous clunk that can be heard for miles. :)

If I only could have it with a FX sensor... :)

STM

Does the F3 back fit on an F2? Check this out, hehe:

This is the digital Nikon F3 everybody wants | Nikon Rumors

In a word.........NOPE. There is nothing interchangeable between the F2 and the F3 that I am aware of except film. lenses and the DR-3 right angle finder attachment and that is not even the case if you have an F3HP because it has a larger finder window than the regular F3. If you wanted to go to the trouble of swapping out the frames around the focusing screens, you could do that, but honestly why would you bother? Both have K and K2 type focusing screens which are best for most applications

Last edited: