Hello from Atlanta, GA.

Joseph Bautsch

And hello from a fellow Atlantan. I'm located in Marietta and also retired. Storm, you have some great equipment there. Would really like to see some of your work in your gallery. You will find the people here friendly and responsive to any questions you may have. I think there are several more Nikonites in the Atlanta metro area. Perhaps we can do a spring meet-up somewhere for a shoot.
Happy shooting, :)
Joseph

jstorm

Thanks for the welcome e-body. A special hello and thank you to Joseph my fellow Atlantian. Trying to put an album together now, dont want to upload to many of my mistakes.. I am getting back into photography after a 19 year hiatus. My first camera was a canon something(cant remember). Got stationed in Germany and in late 1980(dont ask my age), bought the Canon AE-1, six months later Canon released the AE-1 Programed had to have it. To make a long story short, in 1990 I was envolved in an Auto Accident, teenagers were drinking crossed to my side of the road, hit me head on, and the tractor trailer behind me hit them. All three were pronounced dead at the scene. The trucker, myself nor my thirteen year old daughter even got a scratch.. I took pictures of everything and when I got the film back the sorrow(horror) set in. I put my cameras down and never picked them up again. Anyway glad to be a part of this forum family. And again thanks.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Welcome, Storm, and OMG, what a story! You must have a team of guardian angels. What the camera records can be brutal and I certainly understand why you didn't pick a camera up for awhile. So welcome back to photography. This is such a fun group of people, very knowledgeable and understanding, and so willing to share.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics!

Best Regards