Migration

Alan

You know spring is on the way when the migration birds begin to move through the area. Today I saw this large group of Snow Geese in the Hershey area. I am glad I am not shooting film as I took over 150 shots. Here are a couple to get started.
If you have pictures of birds that are "Just Passing Through" join me and post them here.

DSCN3913.jpg
DSCN3962a.jpg
DSCN3986.jpg

Alan

Here is a better idea of how many birds were there tonight. Alright Canada....They are coming your way. :cool:

DSCN4029.jpg

BackdoorArts

Snow Geese amaze me. They winter at a reservoir near me and the flyovers are spectacular. Unfortunately, I've been cooped up with work and haven't been able to get to them purposefully, only catching them when I do a drive-by on my way somewhere.

Very nice shots.

Alan

Common Goldeneyes. They winter over in this area before heading back up to Canada. They hang out as long as the water is not frozen over.

Common Goldeneye 1.jpg

Alan

Ruddy Duck.Winters over in this area and then returns to the Rockies (both US and Canada) for the summer. As you can see in the second pic they guys are divers.

Ruddy Duck a.jpg
DSCN3300.jpg

Alan

This is SO NICE Alan, I just love the feeling that comes out of that shot. Great capture.

Thanks for the nice comment. I appreciate when other people like what I manage to capture. I took about 50 shots this morning on the way to the office and this was one of the best. I sure sign of spring to come.

Alan

After some internet research I believe this is a Yellow Rumped Warbler in it winter plumage. We are on the line between migration and winter for it. If anyone knows anything different I would welcome your ideas. I'm not a birding expert.

Yellow Rumper Warbler.jpg

Yellowrumper warbler.jpg

Alan

These Ring Neck Ducks are on their way back to Canada for the summer. Just stopped by the local lake for a quick snack.

DSCN4378.jpg