Globe Flash Difuser Project

fotojack

I thought I would share a little do-it-yourself globe difuser I made this morning in my "spare" time. Went to the Dollar Store and picked up a fruit container...sort of like a Tupperware container. Cut a hole out of the bottom and trimmed it with some silicon tubing I had laying around. Works great at difusing the light over a wider area. Really softens up portrait pictures very nicely.

Attachments

• DSC_7663.jpg
    DSC_7663.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 751
  • DSC_7660.jpg
    DSC_7660.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 351

Browncoat

That's awesome! DIY projects are always cool. More often than not, they work better than pricey alternatives. A couple questions:

• What is the red silicone tubing from?
  • Is it glued in there?

fotojack

About the silicon tubing: it comes in several colours and sizes, not just red. It's from my now defunct rc helicopter hobby. It's actually fuel line tubing, available at any good hobby store that sells radio controlled models. I split the tubing down its length with a razor blade and slipped it over the edges of the plastic and glued it into place with crazy glue/CA. :)

Last edited:

John!

I just made one of these yesterday, and it does work fairly well.
I found the exact same half globe container at the local Dollarama. Cost all of $1. Not bad, that I can afford!