How to Burn d3100 video to DVD?

nine843

UNCLE! I GIVE!
Can some one tell me what DVD burner software to use to burn d3100 video files to a DVD that will have good quality?
I have "Windows DVD Maker" but it does not recognize the .MOV files that the D3100 creates.

I have used anyvideoconverter to convert .MOV files to .WMV files. Windows DVD maker recognizes the .WMV files and burns videos to disk but the DVD quality is lousy!
Can some one here please help me?
Regards Aj

piperbarb

I cannot help you with Windows but on my Mac I use iDVD and on Ubuntu Linux I use Kdenlive. Kdenlive is open source. There may be a Windows version available. Sorry, I cannot help you more.

Alex66

Does Nikon view have any form of convertor? or you could try seeing if Nero can create a playable DVD from the .mov files. I use 'Handbrake' but the other way round to convert files from a ripped DVD to watch on a portable player. Note all DVD's we own just good on a long journey for my wife.

steptoe

Have a look for AVStoDVD, it will convert pretty much any video format to a burnable DVD, and even burn it for you if you so wish

It uses nothing but 100% FREE software. Not trailware, not adware just 100% FREE. I personally use it myself and the results are very high quality as it uses software the concentrates on quality rather that speed, so tends to be slower that other conversion software. But, it is very easy to use .... and its FREE

https://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/home