24-70 almost here

Drew Wat

I'm getting excited just checked with the delivery company and the new lens is on the truck in the city and will be here sometime today. When I was a kid it was Christmas now it is a new lens. lol Go figure. :)

Drew Wat

Touch down. Lens just arrived and wow my hats of to Nikon for the packing. Just letting it warm up before trying it out.

Drew Wat

Have been playing with the new lens a bit and am loving it. Can see what all the talk is about with this lens. I was surprised at how large a lens it is. was not expecting that as I bought it site unseen. Taking some getting use to but I will just have to suffer. :)

HSon

Have been playing with the new lens a bit and am loving it. Can see what all the talk is about with this lens. I was surprised at how large a lens it is. was not expecting that as I bought it site unseen. Taking some getting use to but I will just have to suffer. :)
Congrats on your new toy! I have this lens and LOVE it! I thought it was heavy at first but I'm used to it by now. While it is covered automatically for a year make sure you send in the extended 5 year warranty before the 14 days are up. My cpu board(that's what they called it) went on it two weeks after I got it and it was fixed within a week and havent had any problems since then(that was three years ago). I use this lens 95% of the time.

Drew Wat

Oh yea I was right on top of that with the warranty. Ilisted all the new products with Nikon right when I got home. Wife is an insurance agent so I am not allowed to forget those things. :) I can see why this lens will be a "go to" lens 95% of the time. It does cover a whole lot of the spectrum. The size of the lens with the battery grip was a bit intimidating at first but am getting use to it already.

Drew Wat

Just finished spreading out all the gear we are taking on our upcoming trip to take pics to get it scheduled with insurance. I swear I have turned into a camera junkie. LOL I have not even included all the D80 stuff that I have or any of the other cameras in the house. I hang my head in shame. ( ok not really, but it sounds good lol )

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Just finished spreading out all the gear we are taking on our upcoming trip to take pics to get it scheduled with insurance. I swear I have turned into a camera junkie. LOL I have not even included all the D80 stuff that I have or any of the other cameras in the house. I hang my head in shame. ( ok not really, but it sounds good lol )

I know the feeling and sometimes feel the shame too. But… For some people it's luxury cars, others it's drinking or gambling, so when I think of it seriously, I see nothing wrong with my Nikon addiction. :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
There is a twelve step program. Buy one lens a month and within 2 or 3 years you'll have them all. :)

Sandpoint

My 24-70 arrives on the morrow.. Along with the Sigma 70-200 OS, and an SB-700 I ordered. I received my D600 and 85mm 1.8G last Friday, great combo!.. Can't wait to rattle some shots out with the 24-70..

Drew Wat

Congratulations on the new lenses and camera. I am still playing with both of mine and finding the 24-70m sure is different from any other lens that I have had.

Drew Wat

DSC_4890 - Copy.JPG Ok finally got this figured out. Can post pics now. This was taken yesterday with the 24-70 hiking up the back side of a local mountain.

Drew Wat

Took this one on the plane as we were leaving with the 24-70. Can't believe the detail in the picture when I zoomed in on certain buildings. The D600 in combination with this lens are amazing. I can only imagine what the D800 must be like. DSC_4636 - Copy.JPG