Automotive photography is boring me

eurotrash

Lately, I've been seeing lots of pictures from people that have cameras that think they're photographers. Mostly at car meets and such. I look at their pics and it's just all the same angles and all the same lines and it all bores me to death. I want to get inspired again!
What are some of the more interesting shots that you feel like set your photography apart?

My favorite so far has been a 5 series BMW where I shot straight down through the sunroof, lighting the interior with SB-600's.

eurotrash

Example, sure.

Here's one one that a friend shot (taken with permission) shot at the beach.
generic.jpg

This is actually quite a nice one, but the angles are all the same, taken with a wide angle looking from the boot to the front. Or vice versa. I'm NOT saying that these are mediocre shots or anything, I'm just trying to drum up some ideas for more interesting shots, something people don't normally see, either interior or exterior. I just start to feel that I'm in a little bit of a rut when it comes to shooting vehicles I suppose..

genericiii.jpg

genericii.jpg

Last edited:

eurotrash

I actually just thought of one. For high enough cars, I could shoot UP from the bottom of the engine and into the engine bay at people that are working on the motor. Assuming the vac lines and motor aren't completely blocking view, hah! That isn't something you see every day.

eurotrash

Yea, that's always interesting! Great pic. It's just that I find myself next to relatively static cars most times, or car shows or something similar.

Perhaps i'm just...nevermind. I know that i'm in a bit of a photography slump. I need help getting out!

Cochese

Even I, who've been around and in more engine compartments than I care to count, would be like 'the hell is that?'

For the most part, people want to see the car. The whole car. If what you're doing is a companion to the 'regular' shots, sure. Otherwise, it leaves the car nuts like me wanting.

eurotrash

Even I, who've been around and in more engine compartments than I care to count, would be like 'the hell is that?'

For the most part, people want to see the car. The whole car. If what you're doing is a companion to the 'regular' shots, sure. Otherwise, it leaves the car nuts like me wanting.

Ahh, that's a good point..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD