B&W Conversion using Photoshop/Elements

BackdoorArts

Better B&W Conversion using Photoshop/Elements

I put together a blog post demonstrating a method I learned from my brother on how to use multiple Hue/Saturation layers in Photoshop Elements to do better B&W conversions. This works great in Elements but is obviously adaptable to full blown Photoshop as well, and works far better than any other method I've seen, and blows away the results you get from simple desaturation. I hope you find it as helpful as I did. http://nikonites.com/blogs/backdoor...hue-saturation-layers-photoshop-elements.html

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

There's lots of things you can do in Elements that you don't need full-blown Photoshop for. It took me two years of lots of shooting before I reached that point once, and even then the only reason I bit was because I got access to a Student/Teacher edition thanks to a one month stint teaching a weekly class at a local private school (it more than made up for the lack of pay and was my real incentive for doing it). I find that a good book (I like Scott Kelby's Elements books) helps greatly in the learning process.