How do I post large pictures?

SReznikoff

I'd like to get some feedback on somethings I'm not doing right with my D90. I've tried to post some example shots that are 5 or 6 med JPEGS, but the images are too large? I know others have a work around for this and it's probably simple, but I've searched the FAQ and the board for 'large jpeg' and can't find it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi, you could open the picture at 100% on your computer and then crop some parts of it and reduce the size (either jpeg compression or size). The actual limit of size is 2MB for pictures. The size will be reduced anyway by the server.

The other workaround would be to post your picture full res on Flikr and then post a link here.

But it would be nice if you would introduce yourself and describe the problem you seem to be having.

Welcome to Nikonites.

§am

There's been a recent change to the size of pictures you're allowed to directly post into a post.
You'll need to resize it to a lower size (plenty of free s/w out there to do it, but even MS Picture Manager (part of the Office suite) will do it)

eurotrash

There's been a recent change to the size of pictures you're allowed to directly post into a post

Probably due to me! :rolleyes:

Upload them to flickr and when you share them, choose the "medium" size. That's prevented people from yelling at me so far :stung:

fotojack

I'm sorry, but...what is complicated about resizing a picture to upload? I don't get it! Use a program like Irfanview, to sharpen, colour correct, convert to black and white, and resize. Easy. A good size to upload is 1024 x 768. You can't go wrong with this!

www.irfanview.com

The trick to uploading in here is...click on the picture icon in the Quick Reply box, select your picture from your hard drive, and upload it. After it's uploaded, THEN add text or whatever you want to say about it.

fotojack

IrfanView is quite good...
If you need something simpler, try PIXResizer...
Amazingly easy & compresses the photos with no quality loss..
Take a look here

Yup, I've tried that one, but I've been with Irfanview since it first came out, and I've grown accustomed to it and its ease of use. Besides, I use it for more than just image resizing. I even use it as my default photo viewer.