Malware blocks!!!

§am

JDEG - have noticed on a few different threads this morning when I try to navigate between pages, or even 'quick reply', Chrome throws up this error at me;

Malware.png

This one was thrown up trying to go from page 2 of the thread to page 1; http://nikonites.com/computers-software/10690-i-need-some-help.html

§am

As an additional note, I've done the usual clear cache etc, but seems to be a random occurance. I didn't take note of all the 'dodgy' sites that it was saying were problematic, but there was a few different ones :(

Brusader

I get the same message when clicking on the link.

Suspect someone's injected some re-direction code into the thread?

Might fire up a VM and have a look. :)

Brusader

Breorder_com-HTML_reference.jpg

Here's a screenshot of what looks like the offending code. (I'm not a programmer or website builder).
Firefox refuses to load it, and re-directs to 'stopbadware.org'

Brusader

Looks to me that the VW logo has the guilty link. Managed to load the page and it comes out when the mouse is hovered over the logo.

VW_Logo_Has_The_Nasty_Link.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Looks to me that the VW logo has the guilty link. Managed to load the page and it comes out when the mouse is hovered over the logo.

View attachment 25880

This is what can happen when people copy and paste photos that were not taken by them. There is malware shoved inside jpegs out there on the web and it just replicates itself when people spread these around. This is why it is suggested in our guidelines not to post someone else's pictures.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
There's an image on that page on a domain that google has identified as having malware on it. There's no risk to you unless the image itself has something embedded in it. I'll find and remove that image regardless.

§am

Thanks for all your help - I'm in between AD & Exchange design meetings so couldn't look into it too much, but thought best to flag it in case there was something more sinister at work here