How to do HDR?

Rick M

You will have to bracket your shots manually. In manual mode stay with the same aperture and change the shutter speed up and down for the over/under exposures (equal + and-) . From there merge using software (I use the cheap version of photomatix).

UmarPk

Banned
You will have to bracket your shots manually. In manual mode stay with the same aperture and change the shutter speed up and down for the over/under exposures (equal + and-) . From there merge using software (I use the cheap version of photomatix).

Can it be done on photoshop or Lightroom 4?

BackdoorArts

There is a free/shareware plugin for Lightroom called Enfuse that will allow you to do it there. It will do subtle, natural looking HDR, but it's a little cumbersome to use as changing controls and settings is done prior to the merge, so it's set it, preview it, and let it go and hope it works. You can get some of the more abstract results other HDR-specific plugins give you - but hey, it's free.

As was said, you can do it in Photoshop, or you can go with a separate package like Photomatix or HD Efex Pro 2 (what I use) and invoke it directly from Lightroom or Photoshop. These interfaces tend to be a little easier to use, with HDR specific controls.