Model Shoot

Sambr

Here is my very 1st "Model shoot" Demetra(dark hair) is the manager of the camera store where I buy 99% of my gear. Monica is an aspiring model and an employee of London Drugs :)

i-zd6FNkW-L.jpg

i-tgL3fTk-L.jpg

It was a lot of fun used my D4 & 85mm 1.8g I have no clue as to the lighting I stuck a trigger on the hot shoe of the D4 set it to Manual and all kinds of lights went off :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Here is my very 1st "Model shoot" Demetra(dark hair) is the manager of the camera store where I buy 99% of my gear. Monica is an aspiring model and an employee of London Drugs :)

i-zd6FNkW-L.jpg

i-tgL3fTk-L.jpg

It was a lot of fun used my D4 & 85mm 1.8g I have no clue as to the lighting I stuck a trigger on the hot shoe of the D4 set it to Manual and all kinds of lights went off :)

Nice shots Sam. The only thing you could try next time is to bring your main light a little higher and try to bring the fill-in power down a tiny bit. They sure look nice.

Sambr

Thank you Marcel - I had no idea what I was doing. My friend invited me over to his studio to give this a try. The women are awesome good friends of ours.

fotojack

One thing....if Monica wants to be a model, she should smile more. She doesn't look too happy in this shot. Gorgeous eyes, though. Imagine if she was smiling. :)

STM

One thing to try to avoid when photographing women is to have their shoulders square to the camera. It makes their shoulders look broader and unflattering. Even turning them 30 degrees will make a big improvement.