What Inovative/Unusual kit do you take to a wedding.

This is intended for people who have shot weddings..yes we know you take a camera/flash but what else to make the job go easy and get unusual poses..Please no arguments we dont want another wedding post locked..
Now to start you off ..

a lump of 3/8 ply 9 in x 12 in ..taken to every wedding and used at about 50%

Attachments

• lenstest 090.jpg
    lenstest 090.jpg
    751.6 KB · Views: 226
Well I can absolutley guarantee its a very usefull item at a wedding ...if its a male female wedding you need one and if its two ladies you need 2 . but for a male male wedding you dont need any unless they are in drag..

so those are the clues now its over to you ....

AC016

Well I can absolutley guarantee its a very usefull item at a wedding ...if its a male female wedding you need one and if its two ladies you need 2 . but for a male male wedding you dont need any unless they are in drag..

so those are the clues now its over to you ....

I'm guessing, but i think it is to stand on so the dress does not hit the floor?

Almost so you get the prize ..its to stop the brides high heels sinking into the grass so she stands on it and that has the advantage that she is fixed to the spot where I throw the board down,,,,also impresses the guests with my forthought and planning...

Now for the next one..
The coin not part of the equipment but for size comparison ..the ring is a 3/4 in split ring...

Attachments

• lenstest 091.jpg
    lenstest 091.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 143
Well I waited for a guess from someone but 106 people seem interested so here goes ...

Now its not an argument everyone has there own way of working a wedding so all be nice.....

Its all a question of how you carry your camera ...well 2 because a spare camera is no good in the car and I aint paying some gormless kid to carry it .
So the light duty mountaineering clip goes on the end of the normal Nikon strap and the split ring goes through ONE of the strap attachment eyes and the camera hangs from that .
I carry one camera over my left shoulder under my jacket (so it cannot come off) and the other strap across my body also under jacket so it hangs towards the right side. I move my belt buckle out the way so the two dont hit and scratch. I can let go of one camera and pick up the other in seconds.

The objective is to keep your hands free to work the wedding guests and you dont have a great lens sticking out your chest or have a bad neck after 5 or 6 hrs.....

So why not use a Tripod ...Well in the old hassleblad day I loved my tripod...well I had a break from wedding photos for 10 years and when I came back to it used a tripod ONCE ...no no never again...everything has changed.
We have a group about 8-10 people..in the old days one shot covers it but not now ...Within that group is 5 or 6 photos ...the kids at the front ..the brother/sister on the RHS Mum and dad etc ....now you cannot do that with a tripod...Portrait change to landscape change to portrait ..drop the camera down for the kids .move in move out ..usless on a tripod even with the fabulus Manfrotto head model 222....so never used the tripod again ..I learnt quick !!
But it gives me a space to stand I hear you say ....no no just tell them ..take all the photos you want but dont get between me an the bride and groom and dont ask me to slow down....no problem ..voice control
and no one steals or adjusts your camera whilst you have your back to it ...
You dont forget your tripod,get it kicked over by a guest or find its in the back of the shot where you dumped it for the hand held shot..you cannot use it anyway during the service ..no room ...sorry bye bye tripod

Attachments

• lenstest 103.jpg
    lenstest 103.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Haha I have shot exactly one wedding...I had three cameras hanging off me. One person there had a tripod mounted 7D doing video and guess what? It got kicked over. LOL

The wedding photographer they hired brought one Canon...believe it or not it malfunctioned right away so the girl had to borrow my sister in laws Canon. Well she erased my sister in laws card which had a bunch of pictures she wanted to keep which p!ssed her off.

It was a great fiasco for everyone except me...I was just a guest. :)

unqualified uninsured and illequipped .......prior preparation prevents piss poor photographs ...that the 7 P s of photography .....thanks for the likes everyone !!

Well here is a list just to see if there is any interest.

1/ a 4 in diameter top from a tupperware pot.
2/ 6 bright red road cones
3/ 6 fishing stools
4/ a teacloth
5/ a tube of bathroom silicone
6/ a silver cake knife ....yes you think you know that one
7/ a nice pen that dont work
8/my 4gb hidden voice recorder.. I go wired.

Any thoughts

Last edited:
Well its the best stuff you can have around your kit.....you know when you attach a flash bracket or tripod foot to your camera it always moves or might move . So one blob of the black silicone under it and once its set it will stay in place even if the screw comes out ..AND you can peel it off most camera plastic surfaces and not leave a mark. You must use the stuff that smells of vinegar ( acetic acid) ie the top quality stuff not $1 a tube stuff ....Do you like that ?