Nikon for many years

warbi

Hi, my name is Warren. I live in the PNW. I have been using Nikon cameras for about 30 years. My first camera was a Nikon FG which was stolen in Spain. My current film camera is a Nikon N6006. This July, I finally made the switch to fully digital. I bought a Nikon D7000. I am extremely happy with it. I have captured some nice images with it and all of the features!!! I can't believe that I waited this long to go digital. IMO being able to see your shot immediately so you can keep or delete it is one of the best features of a digital. With film, you have to rely on what you have learned and luck. I mainly photograph nature and experimental stuff, travel, and a little of family-type stuff. I am still learning my camera so I haven't done anything too radical. 99% of my film shots have been scanned onto a hard drive of a disassembled desktop. Unfortunately my wife decided it would be a good idea to separate the negative pouch from the photos as she was "organizing" them. She is not sure what she did with them so I might have to scan the photos in instead of the film. I haven't given up on the search yet especially because I won't start scanning again until the desktop is rebuilt (new motherboard, processor, memory, and video card- so basically everything but my hard drives. I also want to replace my beloved XP 64-bit with Windows 7 since Microsoft saw fit to drop support for XP.). With my new digital camera, I can plug it into my laptop or desktop (when built). I use Adobe Bridge to download my photos which is nice since I now shoot in RAW format. I haven't really played with Photoshop too much. I mainly use Photoshop for resizing, cropping, etc... I still use manual focus 99.9% of the time and all of my lenses are 20+ years old. I really want to buy some new lenses. The first one I will get will be the 24-70mm f/2.8 and then, of course, the 70-200mm f/2.8. If anyone would like to buy me those, I wouldn't say no. lol Anyway, hi!!!

Eye-level

Banned
Hello sir...I would like to add something to a comment you made...

"With film, you have to rely on what you have learned and luck."

Digital is no different... :)

Welcome to the board.

stmv

enjoy,, and good luck on your quest for the holy trinity...

lots of other great lens choices out there... but,, maybe don't compromise,, and hold out for the 24-70,, or you risk becoming a lens junky (like me).