Hello

dnm2

Hello to the group. Interested in motorsport photography. Took a lot of pictures many years ago and just getting back into it. New to DSLRs. Purchased a D7000 with a Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Looking to possibly rent a Nikon 20-200 f2.8 this weekend.

Heading to Daytona this weekend for the Rolex 24 hour race. Have studied up quite a bit on possible settings but would welcome any suggestions that you have, particularly for night racing.

Also, would appreciate suggestions on the best shot locations (obviously not credentialed.)

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

ryanwphotography

Welcome to the forum!
The 70-200 f2.8 is a great place to start! I would set your ISO to Auto then you don't have to worry about it. Fast shutter like 1/1000 if you can get away with it. even faster would be better. All depends on where you are. if your right by the cars then you'll need a really fast shutter speed! If your up in the stands you could get away with a shorter shutter speed/ less ISO.
The D7000 is a great camera! I'm very happy with mine. I wouldn't worry too much about higher ISOs. The D7000 is an excellent performer! Throw a couple fast cards in it, and put it in HC mode and fire away! Single focus point.
Just my 2 cents! Have fun!

Last edited: