Problem wth WIN 8 & Explorer 10

ABN Panzer

Anyone else using Windows 8 and Explorer 10? I have lost the ability to hit return in a post and separate the paragraphs. If I jump on to my daughter's computer (WIN 7 & Explorer 9) I have no issues with this. Curious if I am the only one having this issue.

Mike150

I had similar problems with the laptop my wife bought. I took the darn thing back. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll have to luxury of getting legacy systems like we did with XP right after Vista came out.

thegaffney

Windows 8 looks interesting but it will be a while before I would want to switch, it took me a while to like windows 7. I still put XP on all our computers at work though, runs great and fast, too bad they are going to stop supporting it next year :(

Dave_W

The Dude
Panzer, did you do a clean install or did you install so as to keep your programs intact? If you didn't do a clean install, did you by chance have CS6 photoshop installed? If so, does it act "funny" in Windows 8?

DTigga

Panzer, did you do a clean install or did you install so as to keep your programs intact? If you didn't do a clean install, did you by chance have CS6 photoshop installed? If so, does it act "funny" in Windows 8?

I run cs6 on Windows 8 without issue. I did have cs5.5 which didn't seem to like W8 very much so I did an uninstall and put cs6 on. Only problem I have had is illustrator killing MS Outlook 2007 sometimes.

Dave_W

The Dude
I run cs6 on Windows 8 without issue. I did have cs5.5 which didn't seem to like W8 very much so I did an uninstall and put cs6 on. Only problem I have had is illustrator killing MS Outlook 2007 sometimes.

Did you install CS6 after you installed Windows 8? I'm considering uninstalling and reinstalling CS6 and see if that will help. Right now it gets squirrelly and will flash between black and checkered background depending upon what tool I'm using. I'm hoping a clean install on a Windows 8 OS will fix it.

ABN Panzer

All,
Thanks! Tapatalk still works in the meantime. :)

Still getting used to the WIN8 thing (new laptop after old one crashed) if I had my way I would've kept WIN7.

DTigga

Clean build. Upgrade was for cs5.5 whuch didnt work so well. A re install is worth a shot. You might want to check out how licensing will work. I know when I had to rebuild my pc, I had to call adobe to get it re activated.