External Flash for D3200

abilinski

I want to buy external flash for nikon d3200. What I should be aware of, what kind of parameters I should pay attention to. And maybe any recommendations. Mostly will be used for indoor shooting. I am a newbie - my questions may seem silly, but I know you guys can help out.

Thanks.

Cowboybillybob1

On the low end, about $100 USD the Yongnuo YN-468 II i-TTL
Speedlite Flash With LCD Display, for Nikon gets great reviews on this forum.

The Nikon SB-700 is a great speedlight that you won't outgrow anytime soon. It is a slight bit more than your budget at about $330 but you do get what you pay for.

There is a special section on this forum for Flashes only. You might want to check that out. I am not an expert by any means.

Tavia Rose

I purchased a regular sunpak from walmart for $60 bucks and these are the photos I get. I think if you know how to work with your camera's settings...especially with manual you can get great detail out your pictures at a very low price.
d3200.jpg
965544_615175078501039_810322736_o.jpg

There is a SB-400 Nikon but it does have some limitations like in its bounce capabilities. I have the SB-700 and like someone said in a previous post it will be a long time before you outgrow this flash. With the D3200 you would probably never outgrow it.

Horoscope Fish

On the low end, about $100 USD the Yongnuo YN-468 II i-TTL Speedlite Flash With LCD Display, for Nikon gets great reviews on this forum.

The Nikon SB-700 is a great speedlight that you won't outgrow anytime soon. It is a slight bit more than your budget at about $330 but you do get what you pay for.

The Yongnuo YN468-II is a superb flash in my experience. And I don't mean it's a superb flash for the price, I mean it's a superb flash, period. Further, having owned and used both an SB-700 and a YN468-II, I'm not sure what the extra $200 I would have spent on the SB-700 would have bought me... Well, besides a pretty Nikon logo, that is.

riverside

The Yongnuo YN468-II is a superb flash in my experience. And I don't mean it's a superb flash for the price, I mean it's a superb flash, period. Further, having owned and used both an SB-700 and a YN468-II, I'm not sure what the extra $200 I would have spent on the SB-700 would have bought me... Well, besides a pretty Nikon logo, that is.

If you like that one take a look at the YN568-II. TTL and high speed sync, $170.