Compatible lens that can be used on D3200

hiletroy

I have the following lens from a Pentax K-x system (and an older Pentax 35mm film slr) and would like to know which, if any, will function with the D3200 and what will work or won't work, as far as Auto features. I am especially interested in the Sigma, as it appears it might be the best of the bunch and closest to working with full function on a D3200.

Any comments as to quality of image comparisons between any of them would be an appreciated bonus. Thanks

SMC Pentax-DAL 18-55mm 1:3-5.6 AL
Sigma DG 70-300 1:4-5.6
Takumar-A 1:3.5-4.5 28-80mm
Takamur-A 1:4 70-200mm zoom

AC016

If they are not Nikon F mounts, forget about it and i am quite positive that they are not, since you were using them on a Pentax camera. I know that there are adapters out there, but have no idea how good they work.

stmv

and not light meter,,, so,,, really hard to use, you have to take test shot, look at historygram, adjust, etc.. shoot only in manual, etc. seems like too much work.

you can get an adaptor which gives you infinity focus but I dont think the aperture control works so you cannot fit a CPU emmulator which would give you light metering in all modes ( see D7000 section).

I have found adaptors like this one
Pentax K PK P/K mount lens to Nikon F mount adapter D90 D300S D3100 D5100 D7000 | eBay

but they dont have any contacts on them so I dont see how you can use in any auto mode. If when the lens if off the camera it is stopped down fully then you have no way to open it up as I dont think it has an aperture ring ...??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentax-K-...ns_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item3a6cb9d2cf

Last edited: