Pamela : Lifestyle/Glamour Shot

Robert Mitchell

I work with Pamela on a regular basis and just love to explore different genres and moods together. This was shot at a state park that has all sorts of little hiding places tucked away in remote parts of the park.

Camera & Lens:
Nikon D700 & 85mm f/1.8

Settings:
ISO 200, f/4.5, 1/250s

Lighting:
SB-900 firing into a 43" umbrella softbox [positioned to camera right]

p1381787102-5.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I work with Pamela on a regular basis and just love to explore different genres and moods together. This was shot at a state park that has all sorts of little hiding places tucked away in remote parts of the park.

Camera & Lens:
Nikon D700 & 85mm f/1.8

Settings:
ISO 200, f/4.5, 1/250s

Lighting:

p1381787102-5.jpg

I really like this intriguing look and nice light.

RockyNH_RIP

Camera & Lens:
Nikon D700 & 85mm f/1.8

Settings:
ISO 200, f/4.5, 1/250s

Lighting:

Robert, very nice!! I like the "look" that Pamela is portraying... and the lighting!! I like seeing what can be done with one speedlight!

Thanks,

Pat

Robert Mitchell

Thank you, Marcel and Pat.

@ Pat..... I have a lot of lighting gear and there's a time and place for multiple lights and complex setups. With single subject portraiture I favor 1 or 2 light setups and particularly like using one light source. When shooting outdoors it can be combined with a reflector or with ambient light and/or the Sun for a rim or hair light.

I'll always choose a 1 light scheme over multiple lights if I can achieve the desired look and feel that way.