Took some dam pictures yesterday

thegaffney

We had to go to Vegas last night for a business meeting (only an hour and a half away) and I figured we would stop and walk on the new bridge to take pictures of the Hoover Dam

It was low 30's there with a nippy breeze so we could only handle it for a few minutes, and I didnt have a jacket, so I only got a few pictures.

The mountainy ones are from about 10 miles down the road from a scenic pull over spot

I did the dam tour last summer for my second time, wish I had the camera back then, its pretty neat.

_DSC0580sm.jpg
_DSC0612sm.jpg
_DSC0611sm.jpg

nikonpup

nice shot of the damn dam. Wonder if they will ever get the reservoir filled again. Last time i went thru the dam you could
take a camera but not you camera bag.

Philnz

nice shot of the damn dam. Wonder if they will ever get the reservoir filled again. Last time i went thru the dam you could
take a camera but not you camera bag.
What with this about not taking your bag? Are they worried you are going to steal it or blow it up>

thegaffney

Probably afraid of bombs, that's part of the reason why they don't allow through traffic over it anymore, and why they stopped allowing semi's over the dam after 9/11. All commercial trucks had to go around it until the bridge was done.

Next time Ill take some picture of the bridge from below

nikonpup

what with this about not taking your bag? Are they worried you are going to steal it or blow it up>
yes. The road down to arizona was via the top of the dam. Before you could cross the dam you had to go thru an inspection point. They have a
new bridge build so you do not need to drive across the dam.