Colin : General Purpose Head Shot

Robert Mitchell

Camera & Lens:
Nikon D700 & Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII

Settings:
195mm, ISO 200, f/16, 1/125s

Lighting:
Main Light- 36" x 48" Softbox w/inner and outer diffusion [positioned to camera left]
Fill Light- 46" Umbrella softbox [positioned on axis, directly behind me]

p1378621080-5.jpg

Robert Mitchell

Thanks. I'm not exactly sure what he's using it for so that's why it's a general purpose head shot. Every so often I get clients that are not actors or models and just want a head shot. For all I know it could be for a Facebook profile photo. These days that's very popular. I've gotten clients that want photos for dating sites too.

Scott Murray

Thanks. I'm not exactly sure what he's using it for so that's why it's a general purpose head shot. Every so often I get clients that are not actors or models and just want a head shot. For all I know it could be for a Facebook profile photo. These days that's very popular. I've gotten clients that want photos for dating sites too.
Wow Facebook and dating sites hmmm I would never had thought to get a professional head shot for that lol.

Robert Mitchell

It's actually been proven that people with a good photo of themselves on Facebook and other social media makes a difference. A pic of your cat, while cute and cuddly, doesn't have the same effect. :)