35mm 1.8G

Cochese

There are already a few topics on this, but I thought I'd add my own specific questions.

I understand its close to a 50mm on a DX, which is supposed to be closest to the human eye, or something like that. This is a good lens for indoor/low light without a flash?

I have the opportunity to get this locally via Best Buy, where it is out of stock virtually everywhere else. I'd still get the 4/5 year warranty by registering?

I'd usually just wait until Adorama had it but unfortunately had someone pass away and I wanted to get some pictures of everyone together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Rick M

It's the most reasonable choice price/quality wise for Dx indoors. It's gonna give you a 52.5mm view. It will still be a bit tight inside smaller rooms. The 28 1.8g is a great choice (42mm on Dx), but 3x the cost. You can't go wrong with the 35mm. The warranty is through Nikon, as long as it is not grey market (white box) it should be covered. Just check the box for the 5 year card inside before you buy.

Cochese

I pulled the trigger. Already snapped a few shots and love the bokeh.

It was a legit USA box with warranty card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I use the 35mm F2.5 E lens with emulator chip ( see D7000 section for details) and yes the Bokeh is great and a lot cheaper than your lens !!!!

Cochese

I use the 35mm F2.5 E lens with emulator chip ( see D7000 section for details) and yes the Bokeh is great and a lot cheaper than your lens !!!!

Ehhh, maybe. Then I'd have to deal with eBay (which I'm not going to), then chipping it. I'm close to what I paid new at that point.

I've got enough older lenses I can choose from, I wanted something modern, and more importantly, now.