Newbie on a D3200

BeeBop

Hi to All, Greetings from the Philippines..Lol just got my first Dslr yesterday with a kit 18-55mm and a 50mm 1.8G....Since the 3200 has no AF motor il learn everything from scratch. I also got a Batt Grip (same as 3100) make the camera bigger and heavier. Im currently making my own DIY Cheap DrybOx and still reading the manual...lol...wish me luck and will post my first shots soon....:D:D

Re: Newbie on a 3200

Well you have great fun ahead...use the P mode set auto iso to 100-6400 and adjust sharpness to +9 and contrast to -1 they come out the factory set soft.
Quite why you want a 50m G I dont know when you have 18-55 anyway..it will work fine but you will have to focus ..the green dot bottom left will tell you its in focus...You wont get full use of the camera unless you fit a 18-200 zoom ..Sigma is fine...forget changing and carrying lenses..dirt rain weight cost .. sell the lenses you have and get one do it all. With high iso you dont need a f1.8 unless you are into bokeh ...if you want a flash YN 468 best buy

BeeBop

Well you have great fun ahead...use the P mode set auto iso to 100-6400 and adjust sharpness to +9 and contrast to -1 they come out the factory set soft.
Quite why you want a 50m G I dont know when you have 18-55 anyway..it will work fine but you will have to focus ..the green dot bottom left will tell you its in focus...You wont get full use of the camera unless you fit a 18-200 zoom ..Sigma is fine...forget changing and carrying lenses..dirt rain weight cost .. sell the lenses you have and get one do it all. With high iso you dont need a f1.8 unless you are into bokeh ...if you want a flash YN 468 best buy

Thanks for the tip! will definitely try it out on my 50 1.8D. Got this because the G is quite pricey..hehe will definitely get a 18-200 lense next and a speedflash too...still on the learning stage on my new toy....haven't brought her out since....hahaha:D bdway, will a 18-200 do macro?
How about a Sigma-Lens-70-300mm-F4-5.6-DG-Macro-Motorized?

Last edited:

macro ..that what your reversed 50mm is for ..oh dear its a G lens ..better buy a 1.8 50mm E lens cheap for that job !! or extension tubes but make sure they have the contacts in them ..

Let the expense begin....

BeeBop

Hi guys! my first question....Im currently researching about aperture/Lens. On my 50mm 1.8D the 1.8 is the Max Aperture that the lens can do right? so on my camera going below 1.8 on the Aperture settings would be useless right?

BeeBop

thanks pistnbroke! im getting the hang of it....so far so good...currently working on the 3 basic things..aperture/shutter/Iso..
:D

unlike a film camera all three of aperture shutter and iso can float about to give the right exposue ...the computer inside does it for you ..use P mode.... If you need to control depth of field use Aperture mode A and let iso and speed float under camera control....setting min speed and iso range say 1/30 and 100-6400
EPLS

BeeBop

Finaly figured it out.....manual focus and the focusing dots.....starting to enjoy my 3200....will go out tomorow for my first noob photowalk...:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BeeBop

Guys I need Help on what to get for my speedlight YN467II, YN468II, Or the YN560II?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2