D600 for $1685.99, body only.... but......

BackdoorArts

Which is why I am SO glad I got mine with the kit lens for $1996.95 from B&H back in December. Full warranty (this one has 1 year, but not from the manufacturer) is a big deal for me given the intermittent oil issues folks have spoken about. I've cleaned mine twice in 1000 activations and am considering sending it back for service if this persists. I'm more apt to buy a lens under those warranty restrictions.

Drew Wat

That is about the price that i paid for mine. It was an open box special at future shop after Christmas. My understanding from the staff that 1699 is cost for the unit so that would be a little below cost. The kit deal came out right after I bought mine ( it was previously available only in the US prior to Christmas). The lens that comes with the kit is alright but not what I was looking for in a lens. I have had lots of cameras in the past and have settled for kit lenses and other brand lenses now I am only interested in good Nikon lenses. In reality with cameras the lens is the key component and you do really get what you pay for in my opinion.