Nikon SBN5 Flash

Gumbys69

So this flash is on sale at my local store, is it worth buying and using it over the flash that comes on the camera? Will it be that much better? Total newb here!

Cowboybillybob1

A flash that uses your camera's hot shoe is called a speedlight. I have a very cheap one, a Sunpack D3000. It works great. If I had researched this before I bought it I would get a Yongnuo YN-468 II i-TTL Speedlite Flash With LCD Display, for Nikon. This unit gets high marks for an inexpensive flash.

It works so much better than the pop up on your camera. You can bounce the flash off a wall or ceiling to get a non harsh flash. It works with your camera to deliver the correct amount of flash and loads more. Not familiar with the one you mentioned but this one you should definately consider.
If you do flash photography a speedlight is a must have.

suvlady

So this flash is on sale at my local store, is it worth buying and using it over the flash that comes on the camera? Will it be that much better? Total newb here!

I have a Speedlight SB-600. It works great. I also use the Gary Fong Light Difuser. Together, they make an awesome combo. I would check out the Gary Fong difuser also. It will work with whatever you get.

This flash is for a V1 not a D3200 so it no use to you ..you want a SB 400/600/700/900 or if you got any sense a YN 465 /468 / 565 avoid any flash that says fits nikon and canon as the gun you want must be iTTL

Cowboybillybob1

This flash is for a V1 not a D3200 so it no use to you ..you want a SB 400/600/700/900 or if you got any sense a YN 465 /468 / 565 avoid any flash that says fits nikon and canon as the gun you want must be iTTL

A lot of people have given this flash high marks for it's price range. I own a flash that also says made for Nikon and it works great. I think your statement is true as a general rule but not written in stone. It's good practice to talk with someone who has experience with the item in question.

Cowboybillybob1

What part of wont fit a D3200 dont you undertand ?? Has the V1 multi accessory socket/plug on it ...WONT FIT A D 3200/// God help us

If I am wrong than I apologize for the error. I must have the wrong model # or misunderstood all the favorable reviews.
No need to get so upset.

Best of luck to you.

Oh by the way check out this link. It does seem to fit and many have recomended it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110825979685?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Last edited:
the link is not for a SN5B which is the subject of the post ..we all get confused ..I often miss read a sentence and see what I want ...
Main thing is the poster did not buy it in erroe for a D3200