Update right menu

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
yellow box/yellow box maybe if u put them side by side. Like/thanks - now if they where selectable...........

Not sure what you mean by putting them side by side.

No way to make them selectable :( The nature of the thread determines what word to use, and that isn't something that is defined.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
me too! Too bad I couldn't make it to PMA this year - I got the best steak of my life at Craftsteak the first time I went.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I would like to see a separate "Like" and "Thank you". There are some instances when someone would like to thank those who helped them get the answer that they were looking for. Just an idea.

nikonpup

not sure what you mean by putting them side by side.

No way to make them selectable :( the nature of the thread determines what word to use, and that isn't something that is defined.
if i saw the old and the new box i could maybe tell a difference, i have looked at the yellow box for 6 months now and it's just there.

Scott Murray

Jdeg I just noticed that you have 2 x New Thread showing on the Forum link page.

New Thread double up.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I would like to see a separate "Like" and "Thank you". There are some instances when someone would like to thank those who helped them get the answer that they were looking for. Just an idea.

I know what you mean, but I've seen forums that have the like and thank you systems and it just looks and seems sloppy to me. If the purpose is to 'give someone credit' then it can be handled with one system. I would, however, like to highlight the post that has the most likes/thanks in a thread. This would indicate an answer to a question or awesome post in general.

if i saw the old and the new box i could maybe tell a difference, i have looked at the yellow box for 6 months now and it's just there.

See screenshot below - or go to the blog, gallery, or homepage, I haven't changed them over yet.

Jdeg I just noticed that you have 2 x New Thread showing on the Forum link page.

View attachment 23983

I know - I can't figure out why this happens. I'm stumped.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I know what you mean, but I've seen forums that have the like and thank you systems and it just looks and seems sloppy to me. If the purpose is to 'give someone credit' then it can be handled with one system. I would, however, like to highlight the post that has the most likes/thanks in a thread. This would indicate an answer to a question or awesome post in general.

I'm ok with all-in-one feature. Makes life a lot more convenient. :D