Shooting in manual or M mode. Don't be afraid...

AC016

For the last couple of months, i have been shooting in M mode. Before that, i was in A mode and before that, i was in the dreaded Auto mode :( When i first bought a DSLR back at the start of 2011, i did not even know what M mode was and even when i found out, i was not keen on trying it out. But, a year and a half later, i am very comfortable in M mode now. After leaning about ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed and how they affect each other, M mode is not so scary anymore. Further, using the cameras meter to get the right exposure is not difficult either. So, is M mode for the Pros only? NO. It is for people who know about picking the right Aperture, ISO and shutter speed for the subject they are shooting. Anyone can do this if they do a bit of homework and learn. And using the cameras meter is easy. When looking at my pictures, they are just like looking at the real thing. They are pretty well exposed. So the learning and fun continues, as it should with photography:)

slowpoke

Shooting in Manual is great,but for the older people,like me,leaving the auto focus turned on can really help keep the shots clearer.lol