pro body or pro glass??

AC016

Forget that the cameras in the video are Canon - they could as easly have been Nikons. Despite the video being a bit comedic, it's true.

stmv

these guys do a decent and amusing job on camera gear, of course he picked a stinker of a lens when choosing a 28-300,, way too many compromises with that type of lens.

Can't argue,, but high quality lens does not mean high price if you go prime! or use

thegaffney

Yeah I saw this video last week while anxiously waiting for my camera to show up, makes sense though. Makes me want to save up for a really nice lens!

stmv

these guys do a decent and amusing job on camera gear, of course he picked a stinker of a lens when choosing a 28-300,, way too many compromises with that type of lens.

Can't argue,, but high quality lens does not mean high price if you go prime! or buy high end used.

cracks me up,, his Nikon Tshirt/camera Strap, Canon gear.

piperbarb

I would put my money into the lenses. Some of the lenses I currently use were purchased for a Nikon F4, back in the dark ages of the last century. I am currently using them on a D3000. You can never go wrong with a good, high quality lens. You will replace camera bodies way before lenses.

fotojack

I have no use for that guy. He likes to think he's funny, but he just doesn't pull it off at all. If he would only stick to doing the review, I could let it slide, but.............ugh! Can't stand him!

Pierro

I suppose the old adage GIGO springs to mind, but there ARE lenses that fall inbetween bottom of the range and top of the range. He just didnt use any

But in the end, i would buy the best lenses I could afford. It may not not be top Nikon glass, ( or Canon L equivalent ) but there are so many great lenses out there that fall inbetween rubbish and pro, that there's not that much to worry about in the end. Also, the price difference between the very top glass and the mid range glass can be vast ( it certainly is with Canon L and Canon mid range ) but the vast difference in cost doesnt always mean a vast difference in performance