Bob's Daily Pics

bobonit

This is my first picture post with my D600. Freehand, Aperture Priority, F/2.8, ISO-Auto (800).

I have this pair of doves that live in my front yard, caught them today just chillin in my Robellini Palm. Couldn't resist the shot.
DSC_0313_Web.jpg

Crop of the same pic.
DSC_0313_Crop.jpg

I'm just starting out and I take criticism well, so any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

bobonit

This little guy has been spinning a web everynight, and then he takes it down before dawn. I finally caught him out and about. I took these with my 24-70.

Here he is from the top
dsc_1087-1_original.jpg

Here he is from the bottom
dsc_1088-1_original.jpg

bobonit

Thanks!

Snaphappy... I agree, I was rather surprised at how clear they came out. There is not much light in that corner of the yard at night, I was holding a flashlight between my legs so I could see it just enough to get a good focus (I'm sure that looked funny, but it worked :) )

Piperbarb... It is creepy and hairy looking, isn't it?

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
This little guy has been spinning a web everynight, and then he takes it down before dawn. I finally caught him out and about. I took these with my 24-70.

Here he is from the top
dsc_1087-1_original.jpg

Here he is from the bottom
dsc_1088-1_original.jpg

It looks more menacing from the bottom.

bobonit

I wasn't sure what pic to upload for today, then it went right over my head.

dsc_1103_web_original.jpg

It was as the sun was setting, I love how the colors came out.

bobonit

Marilynne... I'm at Lantana Road just east of the Turnpike. It went right over me and it was real low. I was inside and I heard that familiar drone.

For todays shot I tried something new, I figured I'd take a shot at Focus Stacking. I setup the tripod and used the 70-200 F/2.8 and took 5 frames. I'm impressed that I got it right the first time from just watching a youtube tutorial.

One of my baby pineapples. The white stuff on the leaves is diatomaceous earth to keep the bugs off.
Focus-Stacked-Pineapple.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
You're just down the street from me. I'm 1.5 miles from Wakodahatchee (Lake Ida and Jog). I signed up for this.
dsc_0027_342.jpg

bobonit

Those workshops look great, wish I had the time. The pineapple is tiny now, but it should get nice and large. I have about 8 of them that all started fruiting at the same time. They get real sweet if you let them fully ripen on the plant, you can't buy anything like them in the store.

bobonit

Its been awhile since I've been on here. I have been very busy with work. But I have a bunch of pictures I want to put up. I'll start with this guy. I was at Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Boynton when an Anhinga flew right by me and landed on the water, I had just enough time to swing around and snap this...

dsc_2191_web_179290_original.jpg

Krs_2007

Its been awhile since I've been on here. I have been very busy with work. But I have a bunch of pictures I want to put up. I'll start with this guy. I was at Wakodahatchee Wetlands in Boynton when an Anhinga flew right by me and landed on the water, I had just enough time to swing around and snap this...

dsc_2191_web_179290_original.jpg

Very cool picture