My New(to me) Toy

Sambr

I just love this camera :)
i-FVpdfDD-XL.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
I was wondering if we were going to get to see the rig!

Ah the ubiquitous Series E Normal Lens. Tack sharp and it will work on any Nikon DSLR there is because it is a native Ais lens. Introduced around 78 with the EM so called "woman's" camera it is the first plastic lens made by Nikon and the E series lenses are the only ones that are not Nikkors! Even the plastic lenses made back then are better built than the ones today though. Looks like you got the good metal ringed version too. That lens is worth a bill.

Eye-level

Banned
Perhaps the first digital slr ever made...the Kodak DCS. The one object that best signifies the beginning of the end for Kodak if you ask me. That is one helluva memory card it has isn't it? And guess what? It only did B&W. Note the camera used...they turned a F3 into a damn digital camera...amazing!!!

Early_digital!.jpg

Last edited:

Sambr

Perhaps the first digital slr ever made...the Kodak DCS. The one object that best signifies the beginning of the end for Kodak if you ask me. That is one helluva memory card it has isn't it? And guess what? It only did B&W. Note the camera used...they turned a F3 into a damn digital camera...amazing!!!

Early_digital!.jpg
Holy crap you would need an F-150 to haul that around.

TedG954

People don't remember the 1980's "cell phones". They actually required a shoulder strap. Really. A single call was more than a dollar. Compare the size of an I-Phone to a D4. I think the phone is winning.

cellphonebrick.jpg

I did not take this photo.

TedG954

I had a friend that had one of those suitcase phones. :cool:

We'd go out, be sitting at a bar, and he would call someone. :jaded:

Now, everybody there knew the call cost at least a dollar, and the pay phone was a quarter. :greedy_dollars:

So, while this guy thought he was cool, everybody else was thinking, "Wow. What a moron." :hopelessness:

BackdoorArts

I have an old FM that I should pull out. Great old camera. As for digital, my brother has a collection of old Canons with Kodak backs that he started shooting with as they first started appearing. Thankfully he bought them more recently on eBay and not at the high 4 or 5 figure prices they commanded new. I should take a picture of his cabinet full of them next time I'm there.