Camera insurance?

I3igcircle

I am new on here n have seen many posts on insuring your camera gear. I recently purchased a D600, 50mm 1.8G prime, 16-35mm f4 and various other goodies for a family trip to Hong Kong.

Is there a travel insurance for something like this or are people talking about a home insurance policy?

Thank you for any insight and help in regards.

N

Rick M

You need to check your particular policy and talk with your agent. Most policies have some basic coverage, but you may want additional as a rider to your policy. Also it is important to have copies of reciepts and pictures of your gear (and other valuables in your home) in a safe place. In the event of a claim you may need to prove you had it and it's value.

Sambr

I am new on here n have seen many posts on insuring your camera gear. I recently purchased a D600, 50mm 1.8G prime, 16-35mm f4 and various other goodies for a family trip to Hong Kong.

Is there a travel insurance for something like this or are people talking about a home insurance policy?

Thank you for any insight and help in regards.

N
Exactly what Rick says. Check with your home insurance company there in Calgary and find out if you have coverage for your gear and what your deductible is - otherwise you might have to put a rider on your policy for your gear to covered.

rule no 1 ..get rid of the yellow strap and tape over the word Nikon and D600 on the front. Leave the stupid lens cap at home ( fit a uv filter)

first rule of street photography ..blend in dont stick out ..

Drew Wat

It is called getting it scheduled with an insurance agent ( wife is one). Bring all your receipts or a replacement estimate with you from a reputable camera store and take pictures of the gear. All the gear including filters and battery packs etc. And thanks for the tip on the taping the Nikon lettering and model. heading to Mexico next month with the new camera and had not thought of that.