Forum running slow on my computer

Andrew Cresswell

For some reasons Nikonites is running really slow on my computer,all other forums are working as normal,the title bar at the top loads quickly but the forum section take ages to appear,tried deleting cookies/logging in/logging out but still the same,Anyone any idea what it could be? Can't live without my Nickonites..

Andy

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hrm, have you tried clearing cache or using a different browser?

There may be something loading on the site that is lagging everything else, but it's hard to test since the servers are in TX and you're in the UK.

Somersetscott

Anyone on XP and having problems with Nikonites?

Hi guys, I use my company laptop which is high powered etc, it just came back from repair and now will load the forum top bar but not the content (i can also log in but nothing but the bar). Tried restarting and redownloading java script.

Is there anyone with these problems? - any techies know if i need to download another plugin for the Forum? :)

Edit: laptop DOWN graded to XP to run an old business enterprise software (its a newer laptop)

Thanks in Advance!

Scott

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Re: Anyone on XP and having problems with Nikonites?

yes uk thing on XP 10% of the time its fine .... ok on this laptop windows 7 is fine

Somersetscott

Ahhh! Interesting - downloaded Firefox and it works ok on there :)

Thanks guys.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

§am

Noticed this too - Nikonites banner seems to come up fast enough, but the body of the page takes an age.. this page for example took ~12 seconds.

Another example; clicking on 'Settings' along the top took ~14seconds (I know it has loaded much faster then that in the past).
Not a cache, cookie etc issue, as I've tried on multiple PCs and browsers :(

And yes I'm in the UK too so hopefully we're not being throttled for being over the pond :(

§am

That link loads instantly on mine too.

The forum in general is running dog slow.
Using Win7 and Chrome and Win7 & IE - page takes a good 20seconds to load now :(

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I think I found the problem. It has something to do with the ad that loads on the top of the page. I'm going to disable it for members until I can figure out the problem.