SD Card in D3000

fonners

Am new to the D3000 and have a question on the SD card that I would like to use. When I purchased the camera I also purchased a Sandisk Ultra 32GB SD card for it. Reading the user guide for the D3000 it only shows recommended SD cards up to 8GB. Is there a valid reason for this? Is there a limit to the size that the camera will format? My wife will be taking the camera with her on her trip to Asia and want to make sure she has the correct card. Since it is a Sandisk I am thinking that it 'should' be as reliable as all their SD cards have been. Therefore I am thinking of only getting one or two 8/16 GB cards as backup for her before she goes.

Dave_W

The Dude
You may want to test the 32 gb card in the camera, if you haven't already. Some of these older cameras do not recognize the larger SD cards.

Cochese

That D3000 guide you have is old. They've approved Panasonic and Toshiba 32GB cards, I don't see any reason why Sandisk 32GB cards wouldn't work fine with their reputation. Perhaps one wasn't submitted for official testing.

Approved SD cards for D3000