D600 Screen Issue

rcagar7

I have had my D600 for about 2 months now. When I first got it I was having trouble with the rear LCD. After I took a picture, no preview would come up, only the green LED light would come on (near the bottom right of LCD). I took it into Henry's and they suggested it was a memory card issue. I bought new cards and it seemed to fix the problem. Everything was fine until last night. I was out shooting and everything was working fine. When I came inside and sat down I went to review some of my shots. Now the preview button and menu buttons are not working (nothing comes up on the LCD, just black screen). The only way i can get anything on the LCD is when I press live view, and that works as it should (great....).

I am pissed off that I didn't get a new unit when I took it in the first time (day 2 of the 15 day exchange window), and now I am unsure of what to do or think. Any recommendations?!

Thanks in advance.

rcagar7

Just brought it back into the retailer. Basically the only option they left me with was to have them send it back into Nikon for repair (under warranty), which could take 4-6 weeks. Wow this sucks. Any other ideas? Would it be better to take it to a Nikon Center myself (I believe the closest to me is near Toronto, about a 2 hour drive).

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Just brought it back into the retailer. Basically the only option they left me with was to have them send it back into Nikon for repair (under warranty), which could take 4-6 weeks. Wow this sucks. Any other ideas? Would it be better to take it to a Nikon Center myself (I believe the closest to me is near Toronto, about a 2 hour drive).

You'll drive 2 hrs for nothing. They will just tag it and you'll have to wait for it's turn in the shop. I tried this in Montreal and I came back empty handed for a lens repair. I think you'd better let the dealer handle it. Maybe you can ask for a loaner in the meantime (even if it's not a d600), it would at least let you use a camera.

The point of letting the dealer handle it is that because of their buying power and open channels with Nikon, they sometimes can speed things up of fight for you.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

BackdoorArts

Yes, that's certainly disappointing. Given the amount of stuff not working on a 2 month old camera I would almost hope for a replacement rather than a repair. I've never dealt with Nikon on a warranty issue, so I have no insight on what might be faster. Hopefully others here chime in.

hrphotography

i am new to nikon, but when i had an issue with my Olympus dslr, they sent me a refurbished camera within 3-4 four days. the shutter count on mine was close to 5500, the one they sent in was at 140 and was scratch less like new. difference is....D600 is much more expensive than that one.