Jummpin Ship

larrygphotos79

Ok well i have been using a pentax for some time now and am thinking of going to nikon and i dont know much about their systems and what would be a good one for me to start with i am using a Pentax K5 now and pentax just came out with an upgrade but its nothing new to me so i could use some suggestions on what to do thanks.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
How many Pentax lenses do you have? Do you want to go full frame (FX) or DX like the Pentax was? Why are you thinking of jumping ship? The answers to these questions might help you decide on which model would be better for you. Is high ISO quality your priority or is it fast focusing and great lenses?

I'd recommend that you visit a camera shop and feel different models and maybe even rent one before you decide.

Welcome to our Forum.

larrygphotos79

you know i do have quite a few lenses and replacing them with new glass would be hard but im sick of the way pentax is going but on the other hand i am looking for good high iso quality and fast glass i was looking at the dx cameras they seem to be cheaper and down the road i can look at the fx systems and thanks this fourm seems well set up

stmv

Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Pentax K

and I would suggest Nikon D7000 to start,,, manual mode when using Pentax lens, D7000 on sale now for 890,, give it a go, can always sell
the D7000 used in a few months for say 750 dollars if you don't like the switch,,, phase over slowly.