Nikon F3

Fred Kingston

Amazon is your friend... :chuncky:

Before you do though... unless you're gonna send it off... you might wanna find a local processor, and see what they're developing...

Sambr

I am already liking it. My first Nikon was a FE. I loved the size of the FE now the F3 is a big step up from the FE however the same size.

Sambr

I am already liking it. My first Nikon was a FE. I loved the size of the FE now the F3 is a big step up from the FE however the same size.

sunwharf

Yep, it just handles beautifully. I still have an F2 which is a brute in comparison. I would love a digital version of the F3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eye-level

Banned
F3=Pro level Camera that has won many Pulitzers.

I just got in 7 rolls of expired Fuji Pro stock to the tune of $9 bucks a roll. I over payed but I wanted good expired stock.

Sam I would just play it safe and order from Adorama or KEH or wherever. I would suggest Fuji Pro 160C to you and rate it at 125 ASA when you use it. Good stuff man and it ought to make some excellent wild life snaps.

Sunwharf my F2 is like a Rolex watch... :)

sunwharf

Yeah the F2 is a masterpiece but the F3 handles much better. It just fits me :)

Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eye-level

Banned
F3 prices are great considering the level of quality you are getting. I have thought about picking up one myself many a time. I'd like a high point because I wear glasses and they say that is the best camera viewfinder made for people who wear glasses.

Man I wish they could make our new DSLRs more like those old cameras.

stmv

Yes, advance the film lever,, and sense the quality, I love the size of the F3. I was looking at the manual that came with F3, and cracks me up,, so few pages, compared to my D800 300 page monster spec (or something like that).

Costco still develops film, if you are looking for low cost. and then a quality scanner, I have an EPSON ICE,, does decent high quality scan of the negatives. Slow, but high quality.

mmmm darn,, now you got me thinking of shooting some film... curses @!#$

STM

The F3 was Nikon's first professional level electronic camera and it was (and still is) a beauty. The nice thing about it is that, as you have already found out, they are plentiful and reasonably inexpensive, especially for their quaility. If you can find a good condition MD-4 I would jump on it!

crycocyon

The F3 was Nikon's first professional level electronic camera and it was (and still is) a beauty.

True, I think that it is the most beautiful body that film was ever put into. It was designed by famed Italian auto designer, Giorgetto Giugiaro. That vertical red line carries over even today with the red swooshes on the handgrips of the DSLRs, which is a real tribute to the power of that original design and that simple red line.

Yes I can't believe how many almost mint F3's there are out there for great prices.

Eye-level

Banned
I have read that the red swoosh is a carry over from the Zen concept of design in the F camera - circle, square, triangle - the red swoosh being an inverted triangle. But the fact that it is red lends more credence to your theory I think.

nzswift

Still have mine after 30 years. A gorgeous camera and as mentioned the film advance bearings must be made of the finest Chinese silk. It just has a great feel to it. Love the distinctive noise when connected to the MD-4. Instantly identified in the song "Girls On Film":)

Last edited: