Image Upload Issue to threads!

RockyNH_RIP

I am seeking some help... Until last night,

I would enter Advanced, type my day header and notes.. then upload my images...

They appeared like a thumbnail in the edit window, I could space, move etc.
When completed... There was a larger thumb that the user could click and see the larger version.

Last night following same process... except:
In the edit windo is a larger version of the photos.. (larger then the edit window) It is difficult, if not impossible to space around them or add text becuse of large size.

Checked again this morning, same from 2 different computers... I can not find out why it changed nor can I find a setting to get a Thuimb in the edit window... Please help! :)

Note: the issue is ONLY in the edit window and only began since last night

Thanks,

Pat in NH

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
that's odd, I didn't change anything. Does it happen in a different browser? Tried clearing cache?

RockyNH_RIP

I agree, seemed odd to me. I am using IE Explorer.. 9 here and 8 or 9 at home. It happened at home first. I doubted that you changed anything but was hoping maybe I accidently hit something in my profile or something..

Sucks because right now I am reasonably limited to one image upload to a post at a time. Hard to imagine cache clear as its 2 different computers but hey, I will give that a try next!

Thanks for the reply...

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

Ok, I tried clearing the cache to no avail... same results as before... Struggling with this... I guess I can go and post one phot for today at least...

If anyone else has ideas, I am sure willing to listen and/or try..

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
that's odd, I didn't change anything. Does it happen in a different browser? Tried clearing cache?

I had the same thing happen to me this morning. Instead of the small thumb I usually get, the pictures were full size in the window. It did make it hard to insert a return carriage to space my 2 pictures.
So I clicked on one to make it full size and thought since they were already full size I didn't do the other and when I submitted the post, one was full size and the other was just a thumb. So I had to go back and edit the post to get it right. Looks like something changed???

RockyNH_RIP

Thanks Marcel, Nice to know that I am not crazy... Something is different (probably only for us in snow country) :rolleyes:

What I did for a work around, I closed the "New Thread" tab when I was working on the images.. made the edit window large enough to be able to inset CR and spaces... Then I re-opened the tab.

Pat in NH

nikonpup

:) rocky it must be the snow! I just posted some shot in aviation and posting is not normal. I upload 5 pictures they where all super size and when i hit post quick reply they got posted as thumbs.

RockyNH_RIP

Ron, thanks for confirming it is not just me... (and marcel)

Appreciate the response even if we have not solved it yet... :(

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

Me too Ron... tried to upload several times earlier and it would not let me even select in batch mode and in basic it let me pick a photo but nothing happened when I clicked on Upload..

Gonna try again here in a few//

Pat in NH

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Maybe my work puter net is blocking it somehow... (just the cannot upload part)

I tried again, rebooted machine & again.. No luck. Will try from home in a bit.

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I was able to upload around 2 pm. Maybe something happening at your end. Sometimes internet connections act up.

nikonpup

not working for me, both ie and google chrome give the same results, after file upload the usual file view is huge, i just see part of a corner. double clicking the file did not give me the normal results. must be something with the change to google +

RockyNH_RIP

I was able to upload when I got home... either it fixed or it was my work puter (Note, that is just the upload issue as in NOT, I still have the issue of the large file image in edit mode)

Pat in NH

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I changed the location of where some files were loading - I have a feeling the old ones were in your cache and they just updated.

Ron, try clearing your cache and/or doing a ctrl+f5.

RockyNH_RIP

I changed the location of where some files were loading - I have a feeling the old ones were in your cache and they just updated.

Ron, try clearing your cache and/or doing a ctrl+f5.

Jdeg,
Thanks for staying on top of this stuff... That is part of the Character of Nikonites!

Pat in NH

nikonpup

i did the ctrl f5, disk clean up and had norton 360 do a file clean up. I loaded some new pictures into the computer and uploaded 2 to "snow".
Both pictures ater upload, very large, i then double clicked and got the box where i could select location and size and that worked. So i have a procedure now to load pictures. May not be correct but it worked. Loading a picture here if it is full size i guees i can live with it. snow 014.JPG

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Is the image still very large in the editor box after uploading it? It is supposed to be a small thumbnail so it is easily manageable in the editor

I realize there are several ways to attach/upload an image to a thread and it is confusing. I wish there was an easy solution to condense them.