You Go East I'll Go West

Sambr

This was taken with my D800 & 85mm 1.8G (not really a wildlife lens)ISO 100 f8 1/200 SS
eastwest-X2.jpg

TedG954

I put together a lightweight Winchester Model 70 carbine (only 20" barrel) .270 Winchester with a Burris 4X. I was trying to copy Jack O'Connor's formula. My Mouflon ram had an excellent rack. After stalking it, my shot was only 100 yards. Dropped in his tracks. Tried eating it, but my opinion was Yuck!. I had a friend from Trinidad that loved it. I had it mounted but sold the mount when I moved. If you like sheep hunting, find some O'Connor books to see what it was like 50-70 years ago.

Sambr

The Goat was the last one couldn't eat it as well. I still go out for moose & elk I love wild meat, no steroids or crap in it. Every year (been lucky) we have filled our freezer. Hardly buy any beef anymore, for pork we know an organic farmer whom raises hogs my brother & I buy a hog in the fall and split it between us. Being Italian we make sausages, salami etc.

Eye-level

Banned
I've always wanted a nice Rigby Mauser magnum rig myself (or a pre 1970 model 70 bull barrel with a redfield from the correct vintage)...I can't imagine what I would want to kill with it though...and it would be even more expensive to shoot than my F2... :)

TedG954

The Goat was the last one couldn't eat it as well. I still go out for moose & elk I love wild meat, no steroids or crap in it. Every year (been lucky) we have filled our freezer. Hardly buy any beef anymore, for pork we know an organic farmer whom raises hogs my brother & I buy a hog in the fall and split it between us. Being Italian we make sausages, salami etc.

I've eaten Moose, and had an Elk steak. It was better than beef. You must live in a Wonderland.