My First HDR Attempt

Cowboybillybob1

I did this with my D3200 which does not have braketing. I took it on a tripod and used over and under compensation to get the three exposures to work with. I clearly need some more work and a better subject.

resohdr_zpsbaad0fad.jpg

BackdoorArts

Was that a Christmas gift, 'cause I don't see it in your inventory? :) Roundneck or square?

May not be the best subject for HDR as shot, but for a first run your overall balance isn't bad. Seems like you have a little CA coming off the low E, but that could just be light reflection. What software are you using?

stmv

if you had just been a bit more careful with the placement of the guitar, placing more in front of the tree, and no water bottle, etc, it could have been a very nice photo,

One of the composition steps is start from the back of the frame and work foward to your primary subject, until the whole is met,

I know this was just an HDR experiment, but might as well get a nice composition out too, if you are taking the time.

Cowboybillybob1

Was that a Christmas gift, 'cause I don't see it in your inventory? :) Roundneck or square?

May not be the best subject for HDR as shot, but for a first run your overall balance isn't bad. Seems like you have a little CA coming off the low E, but that could just be light reflection. What software are you using?

I used Photomatix.
I did not list all the guitars I own and it's a roundneck.

The D3200 and stuff was a Christmas gift to myself. I am having a blast playing around with it and experimenting.

RockyNH_RIP

I did this with my D3200 which does not have braketing. I took it on a tripod and used over and under compensation to get the three exposures to work with. I clearly need some more work and a better subject.

More work... better subject ... yada yada yada!

Cowboy, you did great for your first attempt!!! I also use Photomatix... Practice will surely help but you started well!

Pat in NH