Nikon 70-300 Question

stmv

The 70-300 is not a pro level lens, so the build quality is so so,, that price seems to about right, a refurbished one goes for around 130-150 dollar range.

Optically, they are ok, nothing to brag about, but can fill a niche. Stop down the fstop to f8 for higher resolution pictures, and remember that at the tele range, that you will need faster shutter speeds to avoid lens shake effects.

The newer VR version would help with hand holds, and optically, the lens is improved a bit more, with slightly better build quality.

So, I would say 119 good price, and since dealer, should be fine.

Bukitimah

Yes, if you buy the 70-300, it is likely you are looking at the 300 range. Then VR is important for that kind of range. I am using one and is happy with the result. The only problem is when you need a longer zoom and try to add a teleconverter, the f stop drop and focus is a problem.

I just got a kenko 1.4 and will be trying it out. Most likely can only work under strong light.

fotojack

With grey market lenses, there is no support from Nikon. No warranty. If the dealer warranties it, that's another story.