+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Moab Man's Avatar

    Re: Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)

    Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)
    Thanks/Like Roy1961, gerfoto, Skwaz, hark, Camera Fun, Dawg Pics, Woodyg3, Andy W, Danno Thanks/liked this post
     
    D5100, D7100, D600, D750, Df
    Lenses: Nikon DX 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 55-300mm, Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD & 200-500mm
    Prime: Nikon 35mm, 50mm, & 85mm f/1.8G, 300mm f/4
    Wide Angle: Tokina AT-X116 Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, Rokinon f/2.8 14mm (chipped)
    Macro: Nikon 40mm, Tamron 90mm
    ​Flash: Nissin MARK II Di622
    Stuff: Expodisc Neutral & Portrait
    ​Editing: CS6, CC, Nik Tools, Portrait Pro 12, Topaz
    Spyder4Pro
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/122672034@N04/



  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moab Man View Post
    I would love to know, but all I really know is that it was on the eastern side of the Milky Way in the lower thick area of the mass. I literally just pointed my camera at nothing and fired away.
    Open star cluster NGC 6530 and M8 Lagoon Nebula. It will be located above the Teapot's spout.
    When you go to the dark sites, do you have binoculars with you? If not, get a pair, because there are lots of things you can see with binoculars, and you can locate some things to point the camera at. Any diffuse, fuzzy spot will be something, and there is a good chance it will be in the Messier Catalog. If you get a book or list of binocular objects, it is a good place to start.
    Last edited by Dawg Pics; 08-16-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Moab Man's Avatar

    Re: Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Pics View Post
    Open star cluster NGC 6530 and M8 Lagoon Nebula. It will be located above the Teapot's spout.
    When you go to the dark sites, do you have binoculars with you? If not, get a pair, because there are lots of things you can see with binoculars, and you can locate some things to point the camera at. Any diffuse, fuzzy spot will be something, and there is a good chance it will be in the Messier Catalog. If you get a book or list of binocular objects, it is a good place to start.
    Do you believe it is the M8 Lagoon Nebula? I'm asking, it's not a gotcha question.
    D5100, D7100, D600, D750, Df
    Lenses: Nikon DX 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 55-300mm, Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD & 200-500mm
    Prime: Nikon 35mm, 50mm, & 85mm f/1.8G, 300mm f/4
    Wide Angle: Tokina AT-X116 Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, Rokinon f/2.8 14mm (chipped)
    Macro: Nikon 40mm, Tamron 90mm
    ​Flash: Nissin MARK II Di622
    Stuff: Expodisc Neutral & Portrait
    ​Editing: CS6, CC, Nik Tools, Portrait Pro 12, Topaz
    Spyder4Pro
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/122672034@N04/

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)

    Quote Originally Posted by Moab Man View Post
    Do you believe it is the M8 Lagoon Nebula? I'm asking, it's not a gotcha question.
    I am confident.
    I didn't think you could just shoot the Lagoon Nebula like that, but I am not an astrophotographer. I didn't know it was possible to get an image like that without stacking. I did the initial ID by the star cluster and the Messier catalog. If you take a good look at the star cluster behind it and compare images, you can match up the stars as well as the nebulosity of M8 with 2 obvious areas, one brighter than the other.
    I tell you, your M8 image and Milky Way images make me want to get out and go to Joshua Tree National Park and take their Milky Way Workshop. I haven't really tried to do any serious astrophotography, but I would like to.

    Pretty darned good for shooting blind into the universe.

    This has a good reference image for comparison. The Lagoon Nebula (M8) - Astronomy Magazine - Interactive Star Charts, Planets, Meteors, Comets, Telescopes
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Moab Man's Avatar

    Re: Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Pics View Post
    I am confident.
    I didn't think you could just shoot the Lagoon Nebula like that, but I am not an astrophotographer. I didn't know it was possible to get an image like that without stacking. I did the initial ID by the star cluster and the Messier catalog. If you take a good look at the star cluster behind it and compare images, you can match up the stars as well as the nebulosity of M8 with 2 obvious areas, one brighter than the other.
    I tell you, your M8 image and Milky Way images make me want to get out and go to Joshua Tree National Park and take their Milky Way Workshop. I haven't really tried to do any serious astrophotography, but I would like to.

    Pretty darned good for shooting blind into the universe.

    This has a good reference image for comparison. The Lagoon Nebula (M8) - Astronomy Magazine - Interactive Star Charts, Planets, Meteors, Comets, Telescopes
    After you put me on the path of M8, I did some research as well and agree it is the Lagoon Nebulae.

    Thank you for all your help in tracking this down.
    Thanks/Like Dawg Pics, hark Thanks/liked this post
     
    D5100, D7100, D600, D750, Df
    Lenses: Nikon DX 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 55-300mm, Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD & 200-500mm
    Prime: Nikon 35mm, 50mm, & 85mm f/1.8G, 300mm f/4
    Wide Angle: Tokina AT-X116 Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, Rokinon f/2.8 14mm (chipped)
    Macro: Nikon 40mm, Tamron 90mm
    ​Flash: Nissin MARK II Di622
    Stuff: Expodisc Neutral & Portrait
    ​Editing: CS6, CC, Nik Tools, Portrait Pro 12, Topaz
    Spyder4Pro
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/122672034@N04/

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Moab Man's Avatar

    Re: Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)

    Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)
    Moab Man 2019 Photos (not a 365)-w_d85_7180_v2.jpg
    Thanks/Like gerfoto, Andy W Thanks/liked this post
     
    D5100, D7100, D600, D750, Df
    Lenses: Nikon DX 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 55-300mm, Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD & 200-500mm
    Prime: Nikon 35mm, 50mm, & 85mm f/1.8G, 300mm f/4
    Wide Angle: Tokina AT-X116 Pro DX-II 11-16mm f/2.8, Rokinon f/2.8 14mm (chipped)
    Macro: Nikon 40mm, Tamron 90mm
    ​Flash: Nissin MARK II Di622
    Stuff: Expodisc Neutral & Portrait
    ​Editing: CS6, CC, Nik Tools, Portrait Pro 12, Topaz
    Spyder4Pro
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/122672034@N04/





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Similar Threads

  1. Project 365 & Daily Photos
  2. Project 365 & Daily Photos
  3. Project 365 & Daily Photos
  4. Project 365 & Daily Photos
  5. Photography Business

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •