+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43
  1. #31
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Hark 2019
    Someone was running a remote controlled boat on a local lake. It moved pretty fast - I barely remember upping my shutter speed to 1/1600" before starting to shoot. Because of the boat's speed coupled with the fact that it was so close to the shore, I didn't want to take any chances. One of the last times I photographed BIF, I'm pretty sure I changed to d51 focus points. I can't believe how easy it was to photograph this boat as it moved across the frame.

    Hark 2019-_nik0593-low-res.jpg

    Hark 2019-_nik0594-low-res.jpg

    Hark 2019-_nik0596-low-res.jpg

    Hark 2019-_nik0602-low-res.jpg

    Hark 2019-_nik0605-low-res.jpg


    › See More: Hark 2019
    Thanks/Like nikonpup, Needa, Woodyg3, Roy1961, Dawg Pics Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci





  2. #32
    Senior Member
    nikonpup's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    ​love 2 & 5.
    Thanks/Like hark Thanks/liked this post
     

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pups_pleasure/


  3. #33
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonpup View Post
    ​love 2 & 5.
    Thanks. #3 wasn't cropped at all, but it's difficult to determine the boat's size by these photos. My guess is around 18" or slightly longer. Since they ran it close to shore, at least it wasn't a small speck in the viewfinder. I was surprised by the amount of spray it kicked up.
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  4. #34
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Hark 2019
    If there's one thing I dislike even more than finding a pile of feathers near our birdfeeder is seeing the pile then a moment later a hawk flies out from behind a bush leaving its dead prey behind. After I buried the pigeon, I noticed the hawk was still in our yard. It's wearing the blood on its beak.

    Hark 2019-_nik0611-low-res.jpg
    Last edited by hark; 04-12-2019 at 02:32 AM.
    Thanks/Like Woodyg3, nzswift, Roy1961, Dawg Pics, Needa Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  5. #35
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Hark 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    Someone was running a remote controlled boat on a local lake. It moved pretty fast - I barely remember upping my shutter speed to 1/1600" before starting to shoot. Because of the boat's speed coupled with the fact that it was so close to the shore, I didn't want to take any chances. One of the last times I photographed BIF, I'm pretty sure I changed to d51 focus points. I can't believe how easy it was to photograph this boat as it moved across the frame.

    Hark 2019-_nik0605-low-res.jpg
    Coincidentally 3 days after I took the remote controlled boat photos, the same guy was back at the lake with it again. By the time I drove around the lake, I couldn't hear it running. Fortunately he was engaged in a conversation with another person and had stopped the boat. As I was walking towards him, I overheard him say how some guy took photos of this boat and posted them on Facebook - and that he was in touch with the photographer. So I asked him if he happened to see the photos I posted on Facebook from Saturday. The timing of his Facebook comment was so funny. The thing is when I took the photos on Saturday, I didn't want to interrupt him or have him crash his boat so I just took a few photos while standing behind him before walking away. He never knew I took any pics. According to what he said, the boat cost several hundred dollars, and it can reach up to 50 mph.
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  6. #36
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Hark 2019
    I've been shooting so much for church as well as the memorial benches lately that it felt good just to be out taking photos for myself. There was some type of soccer event at the park this afternoon. It looked as though they were finishing up a game when I spotted this treeline.

    Hark 2019-_dsc9789-low-re.jpg

    There's a walking path that circles around behind the soccer fields. Someone put out some nice Easter decorations.

    Hark 2019-_dsc9780-low-res.jpg

    Hark 2019-_dsc9782-low-res.jpg
    Thanks/Like Roy1961, Dawg Pics, Needa, cwgrizz Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  7. #37
    Super Duper Member
    kevy73's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Love that top pic Hark - awesome tones! Would make a sensational print!
    Webpage: Kevin McGinn - Click Me! | Facebook - Like Me! | Youtube - Watch Me!

    Cameras Lens - Zooms Lens - Primes / Macro Lighting
    2 x D4 14-24 mm f2.8G ED 35 mm f1.4G 3 x SB900
    1 x Hasselblad H5D 24-70 mm f2.8G ED 50 mm f1.4G 3 x Westcott Ice Lights
    2 x D750 70-200 mm f2.8G ED 85 mm f1.4G 2 x Godox AD600BM
    200 mm f2.0G ED VRII
    Sigma 150 f2.8 EX DG

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    I agree with Kevin. Beautiful image.
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100

  9. #39
    Staff
    Super Mod
    hark's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by kevy73 View Post
    Love that top pic Hark - awesome tones! Would make a sensational print!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Pics View Post
    I agree with Kevin. Beautiful image.
    Thank you both! I was walking on a long circular path approximately 1.5 miles long. As I came into a clearing, I saw the trees and took a few photos before continuing with my walk. The path loops around through a wooded area (the backside of these trees). Eventually the path brought me up far to the left of these trees. Then I walked over the unused soccer fields and took more photos, but this image is from the first set I shot. In the background of the second set of images, there is a cell phone tower. I could have removed the tower, but the sky is much more compelling in the first set and overall was more picturesque. Thanks again!
    Thanks/Like Dawg Pics Thanks/liked this post
     
    Cindy
    Flickr
    and My 2019 Thread

    Where the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art
    -- Leonardo da Vinci



  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Dawg Pics's Avatar

    Re: Hark 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by hark View Post
    Thank you both! I was walking on a long circular path approximately 1.5 miles long. As I came into a clearing, I saw the trees and took a few photos before continuing with my walk. The path loops around through a wooded area (the backside of these trees). Eventually the path brought me up far to the left of these trees. Then I walked over the unused soccer fields and took more photos, but this image is from the first set I shot. In the background of the second set of images, there is a cell phone tower. I could have removed the tower, but the sky is much more compelling in the first set and overall was more picturesque. Thanks again!
    There is something about the colors. It is a calming image.
    Thanks/Like hark Thanks/liked this post
     
    "Remember to gaze up at the night sky because there is a little bit of the cosmos in each of us."


    Um yeahhhh, I shoot a lot of pics of my dogs.
    D500 (DOB 05/26/17), D300, D80, SB-800. RIP-D100





Quick Reply Quick Reply

If you are already a member, please login above before posting.

Similar Threads

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •