D500 - d850

Horoscope Fish

Anyone make the move from the D500 to the D850 if you have what was the biggest improvement you have seen?
Moving from APS-C to full-frame, regardless of which two bodies you're talking about, is really a change in overall shooting systems and I don't think you can simply say one is better than the other; they're just different, very different. There are some technical differences between the D500 and the D850 of course but it's definitely a give-and-take/tug-of-war sort of thing and technical spec's never tell the whole story anyway. For me, shooting full frame felt more like shooting on the film cameras I grew up shooting so that was nice, but that's me and that's pretty subjective. When I moved from APS-C to full-frame I'd say the most significant objective improvement I saw was in dynamic range. I can't think of anything I want from my camera body than increased DR.

Horoscope Fish

Thanks for your reply, what do you mainly shoot?
Well I can tell you what I really do NOT do photographically is BIF's, Street, Food, Astro, Macro or Weddings. I like to think of myself as a fine-art sort of photographer, but that sounds so pompus... lol. If I had to choose a primary focus I'd say dancers and portraiture (this is where I manage to make a few bucks so this area gets the most attention, generally) but I also do a lot of Still-life, Lifestyle, Urbex and every great once in a while I'll take a stab at doing a Landscape. I don't have kids and I don't photograph my pets, except maybe for laughs, though I've done pet-shoots for others. In reality, I'll shoot just about anything that jumps out at me visually, anything I think has sufficient visual appeal; but my overarching consideration is always aesthetic; I'm a creative first and foremost. This is in direct contrast to what I refer to as a "Photography Engineer". Which, if you wish me to define further I will, but I think you get my drift. . :)